PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondriac?

sidgomz
08-18-2013, 11:52 AM
I had been bitten(no visible marks or blood) by my pet dog and i took a rabies vaccine and it was quarantined for 10 days and was
fine so the rabies shots were discontinued and i took only one rabies shot..But from the day it had bit me i had fever and the fever went away after 12
days and i was feeling well for a day and some throat problems occured and it
gradually was healing and now i am feeling good.the problem is since i got
the fever i thought about all the dogs i have been on contact with and think that i
may have been bit by some of that dog.but i was NEVER BITTEN I WOULD HAVE
KNOWN IF I WAS BITTEN RITE? and now i think may be this are symptoms of
rabies.even if these are symptoms of rabies i am at 22nd day and i would have
been dead by now rite?(it is 22 days since the start of fever).I already have fear
for diseases and have irrational thoughts...any comments would be really
helpful!!!!(I am feeling good and normal rite now and i am at 22 days from the start of fever)

pluperfecthell
08-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I had the rabies scare too after an unvaccinated dog bit me. It caused me the worst panic attacks and anxiety I've ever had in my life. I didn't get the shot and the dog wasn't quarantined, but it happened like 3 months ago and the dog is still fine. If you were developing rabies symptoms starting with that fever, you would KNOW that you have rabies because the symptoms progress quickly and you are correct, you would have been dead by now if it's been 22 days since symptoms started.