PDA

View Full Version : Stomach / IBS /Anxiety link

Blessed
08-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Ok I know I have harped on this for a while but dang!!!! I have been to doc several times and she is adamant I am fine with my stomach, it's nothing SERIOUS!!! If anything she thinks its an ulcer. So now I'm taking two Prilosec a day and im still having pains in right side of stomach where gallbladder used to be approx just below ribs. Please share any advise so I can let this go. I notice if I sit for too long this is when it starts hurting!!! Please help

nf1234
08-18-2013, 02:15 AM
I have had stomach issues ever since the anxiety started. I have had thousands of dollars in test done and everything looks good. Even cameras in my stomach. Stress aka anxiety kicks up stomach acid and that can cause discomfort. What kind of pain is it?

Blessed
08-22-2013, 08:18 AM
I have had stomach issues ever since the anxiety started. I have had thousands of dollars in test done and everything looks good. Even cameras in my stomach. Stress aka anxiety kicks up stomach acid and that can cause discomfort. What kind of pain is it?

Usually pains in center of stomach just below sternum then radiates to right side just below ribs where gallbladder used to be. I feel like taking Prilosec twice a day is helping me. Or maybe I am not thinking about it as much and it's starting to go away. This weekend it was hurting real bad and I find if i sit for a whole it hurts worse..

Blessed
08-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Usually pains in center of stomach just below sternum then radiates to right side just below ribs where gallbladder used to be. I feel like taking Prilosec twice a day is helping me. Or maybe I am not thinking about it as much and it's starting to go away. This weekend it was hurting real bad and I find if i sit for a whole it hurts worse..

Does anyone on here suffer from stomach trouble such as IBS or ulcers, what do you do to cope?

laurentellez
08-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Prilosec is good.. I have the exact same pain before and after eating.. to be honest I think it's ulcers. But this also bothers me and I panic about it. Also I have a very loud stomach that is always rumbling and making noises. Hate it. I wonder what this could be??

Blessed
08-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Prilosec is good.. I have the exact same pain before and after eating.. to be honest I think it's ulcers. But this also bothers me and I panic about it. Also I have a very loud stomach that is always rumbling and making noises. Hate it. I wonder what this could be??

I take two Prilosec a day plus maalox daily. Still experiencing heart burn and stomach pains . Does this happen to you?

SmokeyYogi
08-22-2013, 06:18 PM
I've had SO many problems with my stomach, which led me to the doc several times. at last she found a lot of yeast in my stooltest, meaning I had a massive overgrowth of candida in my stomach (it feeds on a low immune system). She told me to stay off any kind of sugar for a month -So I stayed off alcohol, sugars of any kind, including fruit, gluten and dairy for three months. It helped A LOT! I felt awesome. You should give it a try. I'm back on my old diet (vegeterian but very much based on convenience and cost) because I didn't have the time or the money (or the willpower :-S) to keep it, but I'm going back to it soon and looking forward to much less stomach pain / weird stools and anxiety in general :)
best of luck!

nf1234
08-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Take a good probiotic like Jarro-Dophilus EPS

sgran002
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Happy to hear I'm not the only one. My stomach bothers me almost everyday and I know it's because of my anxiety but its driving me crazy.

Blessed
08-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Take a good probiotic like Jarro-Dophilus EPS

What is probiotics? Can u take it with blood pressure and anxiety meds and Prilosec?

nf1234
08-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Probiotics are the good bacteria in your gut. They are killed when you take antibiotics and other things. Really everyone regardless of medical history should be taking them. It basically is a capsule of the good bacteria to repopulate your gut. You would be amazed in how many things happen down there. There have actually been studies done that show taking probiotics helps reduce depression and anxiety. Most people take them for gut health but see added benefits. I would 99.9% say they are safe to take with any medications. They are naturally found in things like yogurt but in lower doses. They are very good for you and there are no side effects. I've done my research and the one ive found best is what I said before. I'll post a link for it and you should read the amazon reviews. Thats usually how I judge these things, listening to other peoples testimonies. It cant hurt only help.

http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-dophilus-EPS-Capsules/product-reviews/B0013OUKTS

Let me know if you have more questions.

Blessed
08-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much I am definitely going to look into this !!