PDA

View Full Version : I've had this strange pressure in my brain/head? Also hello I'm new.

Devinfromva
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey I'm Devin.

I have had anxiety for A few years, I'm new to the forums, and i decided this is probably the place to ask about this. I have been noticing for awhile now this weird sort of "feeling" in my head. It's like a pressure feeling in my head, the feeling comes and goes, and I usually feel it whenever I'm worried about something excessively. (Ex. Going to Texas soon to finish my skydiving school).

I know this sounds crazy. Lmao, the only real way I can describe it is a pressure type feeling. It comes and goes. And it's just when it's there I sort of feel like crying or something. But that doesn't occur. And it really annoying, I'm sure someone would say go see a neurologist, however I'm not entirely sure that's what it is. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or sortof symptom.. From anxiety or depression, and discussed it with anyone to find out what it could be.

It's really starting to stress me out. It's a pain in the butt.

krayziee
08-17-2013, 11:20 AM
This is so weird! I seldom check this forum anymore but came to check because of this exact feeling! You can feel the crying nerves at the mouth and neck! I guess its anxiety /stress/sadness?

krayziee
08-17-2013, 01:27 PM
I went to cry which was Pretty hard to provoke and Now i have a headache, so i think its a minor migraine caused by stress.

KitahD
08-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a tension headache from stress. I did this to myself worrying about rabies after a dog bite!

jloca215
08-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey I'm Devin.

I have had anxiety for A few years, I'm new to the forums, and i decided this is probably the place to ask about this. I have been noticing for awhile now this weird sort of "feeling" in my head. It's like a pressure feeling in my head, the feeling comes and goes, and I usually feel it whenever I'm worried about something excessively. (Ex. Going to Texas soon to finish my skydiving school).

I know this sounds crazy. Lmao, the only real way I can describe it is a pressure type feeling. It comes and goes. And it's just when it's there I sort of feel like crying or something. But that doesn't occur. And it really annoying, I'm sure someone would say go see a neurologist, however I'm not entirely sure that's what it is. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or sortof symptom.. From anxiety or depression, and discussed it with anyone to find out what it could be.

I just had this for two weeks! Thought my eyes were gonna pop out of my head!!!!! I had so much neck tension and pressure around my temples I was scared I had a tumor. It's stress I promise you. I'm still here no tumor!

rhar
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Think I get the same feeling. It feels like my brain is being squeezed sort of and makes me dizzy, off balance and then causes panic arrggghh

jloca215
08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Yep! Like my head is in a vice grip! It will go away. Do something fun surround yourself with fun people, keep busy. Before you know it, it's gone.

Stephj526
08-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey I'm Devin.

I used to get this pressure all the time! Now I only get it when I'm extremely anxious. I tend to find that a cold towel helps the feelings go away.

str8trippin
08-22-2013, 10:54 PM
I get it too...it's my worst, or at least most recurring, symptom...and it's an awful feeling. Have it right now as a matter of fact! I was assured by several doctors it is tension related but it's hard not to worry because it's so uncomfortable and unsettling. What you described sounds identical to what I was struggling to describe a few weeks ago...pretty sure anxiety/tension is definitely the culprit.

alfred24
08-23-2013, 02:58 AM
I have this too. Very annoying feeling. I've noticed that I usually begin feeling the pressure after tightening my neck muscles a lot from a tick I have sometimes so I'm trying to stop that

JustAnotherAttack
08-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Ha, this happens to me too. Its a very strange pressure at the crown of my head. Its not so much my neck, but come to think of it...it could be tension. It never hurts though. Its just a strange heaviness. My eyes arent affected, but it feels weird.
Nothing painful though, so thankfully I don't stress too much about it.
Stupid anxiety, lol.

ganglia
08-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi friend,i just created my account to tell you that i have the same problem for the last 5 years.Head pressure and pain behind eyes like popping out.At first was scary and went to doctors.I made brain MRI and CT Scan but all were normal.Also went to a Psychiatrist/Neurologist and after asking me some questions about my personality he told me i just have anxiety and should not think anymore about it.He said it is not life threatening but just annoying.He said the only solution was antidepressants but i did not agree to take them to avoid all the nasty side effects.I think it was wise choice.

The strange thing with this symptom is that alcohol makes head pressure worse,even a small amount of it.But alcohol is lowering my anxiety.So if alcohol is lowering the anxiety level and head pressure is result of anxiety,why my head pressure is more intense?Human body chemistry is so complex !!! By the way when i am drinking out with friends like 90% of time i don't even notice the head pressure :)

The pressure is worse when i am stressed out.I just try to stay calm.I have tried many many supplements that were supposed to help.Almost anything from vitamins and minerals to special herbs.They were ALL GARBAGE.Just a waste of money !!! The only solution so far seems to be staying calm.Maybe some meditation could help as i read but i find it very boring...i tried some times...

Btw i have some spine herniated discs and an acupuncturist said this was the cause of my headache so i tried the acupuncture method but never felt any relief.What a waste of money too...Charlatans !!! The more you stay away of doctors the better for your pocket and your health.