PDA

View Full Version : Panic about having an attack

anxietysux
08-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Does anyone panic about panicking?? I think this is my problem right now. Something triggered my anxiety which caused me to have an attack 2 weeks ago but now I am afraid I will have an attack everyday. It's actually causing me to have them 2-3 times a day. How do I make it stop?

rhar
08-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Yep this happened to me when my anxiety was at its worst. I was having 24/7 panic attacks for 6 months.. It's horrific. Are you taking anything or seeing anyone to talk to?

anxietysux
08-17-2013, 06:43 AM
I've been off my meds since dec because I'm trying to conceive . I just started therapy last week. I woke up feeling like my throat is closing and shortness of breath. I'm still very panicky. I do have ativan but always afraid to take it

rhar
08-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Yeah I'm not taking anything as I'm trying for a baby too. It's bloody hard and I know all this stress would be very harmful if I did get pregnant. I feel like I'm slowly controlling my feelings but some days feel way out of control. It's awful

anxietysux
08-17-2013, 07:03 AM
It so awful. How long have you been trying?? I've been for 10 months now. I think that is also causing me stress and I'm also afraid that I will have his anxiety when I'm pregnant too! It's such a scary feeling

rhar
08-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I have an almost 4 year old and suffered a miscarriage 18 months ago, which was traumatic and ended up with serious surgery. I then had another one 12 months ago which I believe was caused by my severe panic attacks and stress. So I have an appt at a mc clinic in 3 weeks to hopefully get some answers. My first mc was what set off my anxiety and panic attacks. I have severe physical symptoms to this day but I try to push through. I just hate it

anxietysux
08-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry you had to go through all that . I have physical symptoms everyday too. I had 2 panic attacks today. I'm exhausted! I'm scared all the time! I know med will help me but I don't want to risk harm to my baby . I guess weighing the pros and cons out would be a good idea.

rhar
08-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Thank you :)

Yeah it's been a long hard slug with no meds but that was my choice and I'm proud of myself for getting this far. But in hindsight I prob should have when I was at my worst. It was a struggle to get out the door to do my grocery shopping!! I was constantly dizzy 24/7 and it was horrendous.

I still get dizzy and it's even when I don't think I'm anxious. I get a very strange spaced out buzzing feeling in my head all the time - mostly when I sit down to meals or I'm in meetings at work. I can now sort of gradually calm myself by my breathing and changing my thoughts but when I was bad none of that worked, I was so wound up nothing worked at all and that's why I would constantly panic. It's a living hell and I'm so sorry you are going through it too.