PDA

View Full Version : Back/neck/shoulder pain

jessy
08-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Does anyone else suffer with back neck & shoulder pain due to anxiety? It's hard to believe that all this pain is down to anxiety.
By the end of the day my whole back seizes up. I always thought this was due to over exercising , yet I've not been to the gym for over a month & not done any exercise & it's suddenly started again .
The pain starts in the right side of my neck from my ear down to my shoulder & down my arm , then down & across the middle of my back . It's so painful & quite scary !!
How can anxiety cause this ?

itsloulou
08-17-2013, 01:40 AM
All I know is that stress tightens the muscles and that that is what you feel. It hurts.. And I experience the same....

jessy
08-17-2013, 02:03 AM
It literally feels like I've pulled my neck & shoulder. It's so painful . Any advice on how to ease it ?

SmokeyYogi
08-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Oh, I know that SO well -I work on a computer all day and I always wake up really tense and it only gets worse during the day -What really helps me is going for a swim and get in to a sauna afterwards -The sauna not only lets you sweat out toxins in the body but also relaxes the muscles in a very gentle way -so does the movement in water (as long as the water's not too cold ;))

ValeCat14
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Take a long hot shower.... that helps the muscles relax. Maybe if you have a partner, then they might be able to give a little massage in that area?