PDA

View Full Version : Cannot sleep.

autumnbee123
08-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Having problems with thinking I have a weak heart!!!): I can't feel my heartbeat when I put my hand on my chest and I can't hear it on my pillow when I lay down. This makes me think its really weak. Anyone think its normal??? Idk. Maybe I'm crazy? I used to be able to feel it on my pillow when I lay down but for a month and a half I haven't been able to.

MrsJ88
08-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Having problems with thinking I have a weak heart!!!): I can't feel my heartbeat when I put my hand on my chest and I can't hear it on my pillow when I lay down. This makes me think its really weak. Anyone think its normal??? Idk. Maybe I'm crazy? I used to be able to feel it on my pillow when I lay down but for a month and a half I haven't been able to.

I don't think you are REALLY supposed to feel your heartbeat unless you're like checking your pulse on your wrist or neck.

autumnbee123
08-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Ohh okay. :b lol. I'm just so used to being stressed out that it would beat hard naturally I guess.

MrsJ88
08-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Ohh okay. :b lol. I'm just so used to being stressed out that it would beat hard naturally I guess.

Yeah I understand exactly what you mean but I think in a "normal" non anxiety sufferer they don't notice their heart beating at all. (At least I never did until having anxiety)

starlightbliss
08-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree with MrsJ88,

I normally can't feel my heartbeat when I try either... I don't think it's anything too abnormal lol.

ValeCat14
08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
We all have our ways of feeling our heartbeats as a routine. your "safe" zone was to hear it on the pillow. But it doesnt always work like that. Healthy strong heartbeats are usually just detectable on the wrist/neck. That you could hear it on the pillow sometimes is just normal too.