PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone awake

brian_s_21
08-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Having a panic attack

Lin
08-16-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm awake - in England and 8.09 am - are you in another country so in the night. Horrible not being able to sleep and having a panic attack. Have you tried meditation? Just simple concentrating on deep breathing for a few minutes can help stop your panicking because you will probably be shallow breathing. Concentrate on breathing from your stomach, slow and deep breaths. Or have a shower or wash your face because that can be a quick fix to stop the panic. Once stopped the panic start to think of things you can do - watch TV, read if able, something you enjoy doing and find easy. Hope this helps.

brian_s_21
08-16-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm awake - in England and 8.09 am - are you in another country so in the night. Horrible not being able to sleep and having a panic attack. Have you tried meditation? Just simple concentrating on deep breathing for a few minutes can help stop your panicking because you will probably be shallow breathing. Concentrate on breathing from your stomach, slow and deep breaths. Or have a shower or wash your face because that can be a quick fix to stop the panic. Once stopped the panic start to think of things you can do - watch TV, read if able, something you enjoy doing and find easy. Hope this helps.
Hey Lin thank you for responding and yea I'm in the USA and is 330 and I can't sleep because I'm freaking out I'm just trying to relax but is hard

laurentellez
08-16-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm awake: ):)

laurentellez
08-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Don't freak out..., smile: )

brian_s_21
08-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Don't freak out..., smile: )
I'm trying but it hard your message are full

Lin
08-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Hey Lin thank you for responding and yea I'm in the USA and is 330 and I can't sleep because I'm freaking out I'm just trying to relax but is hard

Have you got any lavender essential oils or pulse oil - I find that helps to calm you down. Also have you got an ipod with any meditation tapes on it or any body scans? These really help and you can download them for free from meditation or mindfulness websites. If you feel asleep listening to them even if you wake up when it finishes you are often so tired you go back to sleep.
Watching boring TV can help, but sometimes it wakes you up too much to get off to sleep.

robocop01
08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
How did the panic attack go? What it the same thing that happens to you everytime you have one? Did you get some good sleep after it was over? I always get really tired and immediately want to lay down after it is over. I feel at peace with myself probably from the adrenaline leaving my system. Try laying on your stomach at the end of your bed and playing on your cellphone looking at facebook and comment on a few photos of friends, and before you now it the panic will be gone and your eyes will be tired. This works for me sometimes and it might or might not work for you. Give it a try sometime. Stay Strong.