PDA

View Full Version : Always Anxious

funnyyface
08-14-2013, 10:53 PM
This is my first time visiting this forum and my first time posting in a forum. I'm 21 years old. I have horrendous anxiety. I've always had anxiety to an extent, but it's been chronic and debilitating for the past three years. Lately, I've been going through a particularly rough spell. I am a hypochondriac, so I'm always terrified that something dreadful is wrong with me. I try to rationalize that it's probably just my anxiety, but the physical symptoms I experience scare me into thinking otherwise. My latest "symptoms" are tachycardia (elevated pulse), muscle fatigue/weakness in my arms and legs, general fatigue to the point of exhaustion, dizziness, and a perpetual feeling of "weirdness" and unease. I'm really fearing that I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) because it runs in both sides of my family (a great-grandparent on each side suffered from it). I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with me. My family thinks that everything is all in my head, but the physical symptoms just terrify me. I feel crazy some of the time because it's not normal for a 21 year old to always be convinced that something is wrong with me and/or that I'm dying. It's hard to explain; things just don't feel right. I need people to talk to and would be happy to support others. I want so badly to get better, but I don't want to look to pharmaceuticals for the answer. For the record, I currently take 40mg of Prozac, but I'm hoping to wean off of it. I've been on it for far too long and I don't feel like it helps. I also take Vistaril (50mg but only as needed), but it's not a benzo. Anyway, thanks for reading this and please contact me if you can relate to my rant and if you'd like to support each other. I'm tired of being scared all the time.