PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

ValeCat14
08-14-2013, 02:12 PM
I am ValeCat14 and my anxiety started (got triggered) over 2 years ago. I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks because I thought a certain food gave me an allergic reaction. It didnt but i thought it did. I started to check my lips and throat for swelling and from that day on I pretty much stopped eating.
Over the course of a few months i was able (with CBT) to slowly add more food, but it has been a struggle.

Everytime I ate I started to check my lips and throat and if it was slightly swollen (it felt swollen but was not) then I went into a fullout panic attack. The fear of the swelling and not being able to breath and then eventually die from an allergic reaction was/is to much for me.

Now 2 years on I have added back most foods again, but still a few that are just too hard. Like fish and nuts and certain herbs. I still can get into the checking state but now I have much more controllover that. im not spinning out of panic controll anymore.

Exercise has helped loads! running now 3 times 5km a week. I feel like it keeps my anxiety level to a minimum. Recently I started blogging about it. Want to help others in the fight. Also showing them that they are not the only one with this strange phobia.
This also helps, feels that at least 1 good thing came out of these horrible last 2 years!

Cheers :)