PDA

View Full Version : anxiety symptoms mimicking serious illnesses

Willo1982
08-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think of anxiety symptoms and then they get them? When I think I may have something seriously wrong like MS or ALS I get similar symptoms, ie twitches and spasms throughout but mainly legs its like my mind and body are mimicking them diseases. I am so strung out and terrified. I have a dr appt next week to hopefully get neuro problems ruled out. Please if anyone has similar issues I'd luv to hear from you.

autumnbee123
08-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Yes. For 10 months straight I swore to god I was dying of cancer. Over my chest pains that would happen every now and then. Now I have a plethora of crazy symptoms. I even developed these strange blind spots that haven't ever gone away since I got them. I have so many weird feelings in my body now that I feel like I'm on my last days on earth. It's such a shitty debilitating feeling

Willo1982
08-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Yes. For 10 months straight I swore to god I was dying of cancer. Over my chest pains that would happen every now and then. Now I have a plethora of crazy symptoms. I even developed these strange blind spots that haven't ever gone away since I got them. I have so many weird feelings in my body now that I feel like I'm on my last days on earth. It's such a shitty debilitating feeling

It is really a debilitating shitty feeling. I used to suffer with chest pains but I got over that, my heart is healthy. I havent been through cancer yet (and hope not to) I did go through the thought of having HIV, took months to get tested and was negative, that was a scary one for me. However about 5 1/2 months ago I went through the worst time of my life and its just gotten worse since. I know that if I didnt have these aching tender twitching legs I would be relatively sane. What makes it worse for me was exercising was my drug to get through my anxiety... it kept me at a happy medium but now I do the slightest bit of exercise and I suffer for a few days. My physio has told me to stop going to the gym for a while. I am really so scared of the thought of diseases like als, im scared I might worry myself into getting something serious and I know by worrying I am keeping my legs and body really tense. I am going to ask my doc for a neuro mri next wk... I need to rule out anything neuro and then I might be able to except its anxiety related. Hope you symptoms start to ease up Autumnbee123

HealthAnxNut
08-14-2013, 02:48 PM
I have carpal tunnel in my left arm and it CONSTANTLY makes me think I have MS or I'm having a heart issue. It goes from my shoulder down to my fingers. Not intense pain, but dull aching a lot, and definitely a lot of twitches/twinges. I also get some in my left leg, and it freaks me out, thinking it's a blood clot or MS. I'm just SO SURE there is an illness a-brewin' in my body, it's ridiculous. The thing is, I've been feeling this way for about 6 years now, and nothing has gotten worse. Soooooo... I guess that's my answer, huh? :) I hope you feel better! I feel your pain!

Willo1982
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Wow that would be really shit to have CT in one hand and symptoms that could scare you into thinking your hearts playing up, I feel your pain as I had a ganglion cyst in left hand a few months ago and it gave me heart attack symptoms (pain down one arm).
I think the biggest thing for me is know one can give me a definate answer on what is going on with these legs, so that is what is flaring up my anxiety & google does not help! Makes symptoms worse. I know my legs are extremely tense but you'd think it would not be this consistent. I might have a few days where there are no achiness but the minute I do anything remotely strenuous bam it hits and sets in for days. Its never painful just dull twitching achiness. And whats even more mind boggling is I was able to where high heels for a good 10hrs on sat night with no issues but come monday I went to gym and done 30min of light bike riding and bam all night/tues I suffered wtf!? Had a deep tissue massage yesty and well am still suffering for it. Back to physio today and docs on tues... time for answers!