PDA

View Full Version : Relapse Hell

jessy
08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm in a mess "still"

I'm going cold turkey coming off these meds & starting another one . My family which consists of husband mum & dad , don't want to know . I'm alone every min of every day .
Today I reached out & asked my parents if I could bob over in the afternoons this week for company & just to know there is someone that cares knocking about , he said no.
Husband is making things worse .

I'm staring at a bottle of wine & I've not drunk for months .
Help :(

acetone
08-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd advise you to stay away from alcohol in your condition. Many people have reported increased anxiety after drinking. Since you are still trialing meds it means you want to get better. Why make your road more difficult by indulging in alcoholism.

jessy
08-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not indulging . I'm desperate . I just want to go to sleep . My life is falling apart & in the situation in in its impossible to get better .
I am trying very hard . I'm now well . I don't want a drink to get drunk or feel happy . I'm alone , scared & need my mind to stop

trinidiva
08-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Get on here and talk away.....you aren't alone, trust me.

str8trippin
08-13-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm not indulging . I'm desperate . I just want to go to sleep . My life is falling apart & in the situation in in its impossible to get better .
I am trying very hard . I'm now well . I don't want a drink to get drunk or feel happy . I'm alone , scared & need my mind to stop

That's when alcohol can be a scary place to turn, though...when you're alone, scared and feeling like you're falling apart and just wanting to numb it all...so I have to agree that it may not be the best idea. Sounds like you're not getting very much support from the people close to you, and support is really important. So, if you aren't getting support there, it's understandable that you'd be looking for a place to turn...but alcohol isn't a good choice. Come here...there are a ton of people here who truly do understand. And if you need face to face support, find someone you trust and find a time to just sit down and talk get feedback. Don't think you're alone...you're not!

jessy
08-13-2013, 12:14 PM
There is no one to sit down & talk to.

This post was not to say I fancy a drink or I need a drink , I'm really struggling on my own & I went out today & thought , ""I will get some wine & keep it with my pills & it's there when I need to go.

I'm not thinking "yeah I need a drink " never had that . I've got the wine purely because I'm desperate & my thoughts are of dying , yet I know I can not do it impulsively & bugger it up .

I won't be here in the next 5 yrs . I will find a way.

Thank you x

starlightbliss
08-13-2013, 12:38 PM
It depends what meds you are on, but I definitely wouldn't go off cold turkey unless your doctor recommends it. If you are having serious problems see a doctor definitely!