PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of ALS

Willo1982
08-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey its been a while since I have posted and I am sorry for the long post. I was doing great over the last few months but have had this sudden thought that I may have ALS. This thought has come on as for the past 5 months I have been suffering from aching legs. My doc can't find anything wrong with general blood tests and he done a doppler test on veins and he said it was normal however my physio read doppler report and said I have un-noticable varicose veins in areas where legs ache, she also says my leg muscles are extremely tight. I done the silly thing & googled about aching legs & well ALS symptoms popped up. Now I am sure I might have ALS as I have similar symptoms on & off for past month; aching legs & arms, muscle twitching in legs especially thighs & calves, slurring words on and off and I feel as if my muscles are deteriorating. I feel I am losing strength. I dont go to the gym as much as I used to because when I do I can guarantee to have a restless night because of achiness. I know anxiety can cause most of these symptoms and I try & tell myself that but even when I feel good subconsciously my anxiety is always there. I am so scared and terrified. I dont know if I should go to drs. I havent told anyone of my fears. Please any advice would be appreciated.

Saldav
08-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Idk wh as t