PDA

View Full Version : has your anxiety made you a better person?

mglover92
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I have to be honest here. I think my anxiety has made me such a better person. not that I was so screwed up before but my anxiety has made me more aware of myself. Since being diagnosed with it I have learned so much more about my thoughts and feelings. Before anxiety I just went on with life as a nervous, sometimes angry and mean person. Not that I went around starting stuff with people or made fun of people but I would sometimes get so angry at little things. Being diagnosed with this has made me alot better and kinder to people and has taught me to be patient in life. Although anxiety sucks, I feel like this is a blessing in disguise and something great around the corner is coming. How many people feel this way? I care so much about other people and humans in general that I literally just have such a positive outlook on life. I feel like things are starting to Click and this is like destiny! Who else feels like Anxiety has only made them stronger because of the thick skin you grow?

Saldav
08-13-2013, 01:14 AM
We become soldiers!

acetone
08-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Well, it has shown me how much worse fear can get. It has made me tougher since I've faced and overcame fear time and time again. I'm not so sure about the good person part.

sazco
08-13-2013, 10:11 AM
I see your point. For me no, not at all.

jessy
08-13-2013, 10:15 AM
No it's not made me a better person but a completely unrecognisable person .

sazco
08-13-2013, 10:32 AM
No it's not made me a better person but a completely unrecognisable person .

thats how i feel. it all hit at once never in my life have i had so much on my plate ir worry in my life. im slowly getting the old jon back but in two years i havent made much progress... wbu?

Bam77
08-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I honestly feel that its made me an asshole. Poke the bear enough I suppose lol

story
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Terrible as it is, I believe it has provided many of us experience that people around us could not understand.
In other way, it also makes me a more understanding person. I now know we should try harder to understand people's fear and worry, and learnt not to judge anyone like how others did to me.

srm8824
08-13-2013, 01:20 PM
thats how i feel. it all hit at once never in my life have i had so much on my plate ir worry in my life. im slowly getting the old jon back but in two years i havent made much progress... wbu?

I completely agree with both of you. I am at my best when I am at ease... When I get anxiety I am just too much to handle. It makes me an illogical person who I do not know.

sazco
08-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Exactly, Before the drugs I never had any problems managing anything before. But i was stoned when most problems occured. So of course shit was easy to manage. Now that I'm sober I have a harder time dealing. I try not to let things reach the core and i'm getting there but i dont have time to do this forever! I need a life! I need to live.

The more problems i have the further Jon goes away n a paniced maniac comes out. Its strange.

Kay16
08-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Anxiety has humbled me a lot. I truly care about everyone around me and how my actions affect their mood. I just don't want to see anyone suffer like i do...