PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

brian_s_21
08-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Does anyone get a tingling, going like numb on their left hand or right ?? I'm freaking out !!

JLBnole68
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes. It's uncomfortable, but no reason to freak out. Remain calm. You'll be fine. While standing or seated upright, let your arms and hands go completely limp and relaxed, then shake them vigorously like you were shaking an old mercury thermometer. This will help restore blood flow from being tense. Also try squeezing your hands into a fist as tightly as you can, then gradually releasing the tension. Is the tingling life-threatening? No. Are you in any danger? No. So, why get all worked up? The more you can relax the muscles in your body, the sooner it will go away. My hands are tingling right now. I've been stressed all day. However, I'm not going to get myself worked up about it and make the sensation worse. Neither should you. You're going to be just fine. Stop obsessing about strokes, heart disease or whatever symptom-checker you looked up. I'm guessing that you did or the tingling wouldn't have you so worried. Go soak your hands in some really warm water. That works for me pretty well, too.

brian_s_21
08-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks!! I feel so much better

JLBnole68
08-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Excellent! See? No heart attack. No stroke. No dreaded disease. It was all just tension from anxiety messing with your circulation. Now rest, relax and enjoy the fact that your body is fine. All it was doing was telling you to loosen up a bit, right? Right.