PDA

View Full Version : Slowly recovering from panic attacks and derealisation.... THERE IS HOPE !!

Vincent12
08-12-2013, 08:43 AM
So I've been dealing with this fucked up condition for about a month. It was trigger by some recreational drug ...after which i had some months of normalcy then it came back full throttle after a bad scare at the doctors...etc etc. It's not important how it started anyway.
So , Initially, I would have some serious breathlessnes and palpitation together with derealisation which i have to admit was the shittiest of all the symptoms. The palpitations went away soon enough, even the breathlesnnes, but the derealisation has hung with me all this time.

It has been really tough, but i can actually fell the "mental fog" I've been living in slowly lifting. I have good days and bad days. The trick is to enjoy the good dyas and not let the bad days get you down even a bit. Remember that it is just anxiety and ignore it. It would get so bad that it would become almost impossible to to read, but you just have to fight it. I just squint and move on with my life.

The things that have helped me is the Linden Method, realizing that it's just anxiety especially after reading other peoples stories, and also downloading a shitload of youtube videos of people who have faced this nightmare and won. Only the videos of those who are facing their derealisation and getting over it. Also exercise.

Ignore all the other negative talk. You can do it. Also don't take the medications. You'll get hooked and won't fix anything either. Face the problem, don't mask the symptoms

I am also thinking of getting some chamomille tea and L theanine supplements to help with my continued recovery.

Otherwise, continue the good fight people. Use this condition to make yourself stronger. Talk to that cute girl you've always been a little to shy to approach, ask for that raise, quit and start that business you've always wanted to start....after all, you have already face the most frightening sensation a human being can experience and you are winnign. WHat more should scare you?

sparkling
08-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Well said, Vincent12! Although it's a tough battle but you CAN win it :)

SleeplessInPA
08-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Thank you for sharing, Vincent! I am having a tough day and your post really helped :)