PDA

View Full Version : Ibs & anxiety - help please ?

cor
08-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi, this could be a lot of waffle as I feel I need to get it all of my chest to anon people - and maybe have some responses. I have had ibs for a couple of years bouts of that mainly in the morning have caused me to have anxiety ( I worried to go anywhere that doesn't have a toilet close , walks, planes , trains, clubs that are busy etc) its mainly places where it may cause a seen if I needed to go immediately - I am soon plucking up the courage to go have some tests done just to make sure it isn't anything else but in the back of my head it is (obviously that doesn't help the way I'm feeling), I feel I have wrote my life off completely I have a lovely boyfriend who is fab to me but because of what's going on I'm scared I'm going to lose everything my boyfriend my house my job it's turned me into nothing but a worrier/cryer and a boring person I can't go out enjoy myself with my mates in case we go somewhere that's really busy and I can't get to the loo in time ( this has never happened I just picture a scene in my head and it's the worst thing ) I just picture it as worst case scenario! I'm often late for work which stresses me out (although management team know its obviously frowned upon) but it's not because I'm lazy I'm up early its because I'm anxious to leave the house (which makes me need the toilet more) but I have to work! If I'm gonna get straight to the point I feel suicidal I would not do it because I'm a wimp but I feel I'm just existing not actually living! And bringing other people around me down if i try yo talk about it because quite frankly they font understand- I'm 29 years old I used to be life an soul of any party and now I'm the one that avoids any party and much more - even though my boyfriend doesn't say it i guess he must be bored of me as all I do is want to stay in and if we do go out to parties etc he has such a drama with me and tears etc before (anxiety based stress) - is there anyone out there feeling the same or someone I can talk to I feel so lonely xxx

GemmaxLou
08-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I know how you feel because I have ibs and have had it for five years and have only just this year developed an anxiety/panic disorder and its so awful. My anxiety isn't only because of the IBS though, it is only one of the things that makes it worse... It's like a vicious circle with these two illnesses. So I can't relate X

jo24
08-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi, i can relate to you. i have so many stomach problems because of anxiety, mainly vomitting which is mega inconvienant in public. i havent told people that its anxiety triggered either. i too have an amazing boyfriend that i sometimes feel i dont deserve. The thing is your boyfriend obviously believes in you and can see the real you not just your illness. Thinking the worst case senario is also something i do regulary and it is so tiring that i feel i have to be prepared for everything. The one thing you can't do is let this stop you from doing what you want to do. At the end of the day its a feeling and no one ever died from a feeling and you will always be able to sort whatever situation arises out. Have faith in yourself, you've fought hard you are obviously strong