PDA

View Full Version : Kind of personal...

Stephj526
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
And probably more for the ladies...

So I have a yeast infection, I'm assuming from the antibiotics I was recently taking. My doctor originally prescribed me meds for it, but I saw it had a major interaction chance with my other meds. So I decided to try Monistat instead since it doesn't show any reactions to my other meds and topical meds are less likely to interact than oral meds.

So enter my anxiety. Now I keep feeling funny like my "flight" feeling has set in. I also have a stomach ache, but I know that's a side effect of the medicine. I just took it 5 minutes ago, there's no way I'm already having side effects though. At least, I wouldn't think.

But now I'm having palps and general anxiety. Can anyone else relate? Or please tell me I'm just crazy?

lalouba_jane
08-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Hello love! Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy! :(

I've noticed in the past that reading the side effects and things with my meds or how they can react with others really winds my anxiety up. I think because I know something is a possibility my body starts creating symptoms and such.

I really wouldn't worry - your doc has a list of any medication that you're on in your records that they'll always consult before prescribing anything else. You wouldn't be prescribed something if they thought for a second that they'd be putting you at risk :)

pdub
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Very unlikely that your anxiety is related to the anti-fungal drug you took. This is purely in your head. Hope you feel better.