PDA

View Full Version : slightly elevated liver results? freaking out!

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Hello!

Just got back from the docs after a couple of blood tests to find out I have slightly elevated liver results (she didn't go into much detail) - she said she isn't concerned by knowing about my anxiety she is sending me for an ultrasound to put my mind at ease. Her words were "I'm not doing it because I'm expecting to see anything, because I'm not, but it might help for you to see that everything is okay!"

I had taken a couple of naproxen around the time I'd had the test as far as I remember - could be that?

No idea but all I'm reading is cirrhosis, hepatitis, heart failure, etc...

Anyone else had these sort of results before?

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 09:45 AM
And yes, I googled. Shut up. What are you, my mother??

Haha.

mistiblue
08-09-2013, 11:00 AM
No worries :) I have an enlarged spleen ( found out in March) and slightly elevated liver enzymes. I am still here and doing ok. My doc told me the elevated liver levels could be from anything and she's not concerned. I think the US is a good idea and it sounds like you have a good doc (be thankful). I'm sure it is superficial and everything is fine!!

leetbulldog
08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Hello!

Just got back from the docs after a couple of blood tests to find out I have slightly elevated liver results (she didn't go into much detail) - she said she isn't concerned by knowing about my anxiety she is sending me for an ultrasound to put my mind at ease. Her words were "I'm not doing it because I'm expecting to see anything, because I'm not, but it might help for you to see that everything is okay!"

I had taken a couple of naproxen around the time I'd had the test as far as I remember - could be that?

No idea but all I'm reading is cirrhosis, hepatitis, heart failure, etc...

Anyone else had these sort of results before?

I think your reaults are Toxic hepatitis. Its basically liver inflammation caused by drugs or toxins. You said you had taken naproxen, so yea! It's that lol

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 11:53 AM
I hope it's just that! Freaking me out!

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the reassurance, mistiblue :)

leetbulldog
08-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I hope it's just that! Freaking me out!

Nah!! Your ok :)

u4ea
08-09-2013, 01:59 PM
The same happened to me, my MD also wasn't very concerned. Look it up, Naproxen causes elevated liver enzymes as a side effect.

Many things can cause this - alcohol to medication, even poor/fatty diets; don't sweat this : )

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks, u4ea. Just my brain going into overdrive is all!