PDA

View Full Version : Helpful books?

amb1984
08-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi all. I am reading "my stroke of insight" atm and find it reassuring to know that this person can control her thoughts and therefore her emotions & behaviors in such a significant way. I have started learning a brief bit about cbt. Despite that I do have some challenges with health anxiety, once getting over the idea that I've had a stroke (still not totally convinced), I found her story of recovery to be really inspiring. I have not been able to learn her practice of thought stopping but will definitely re-read this book when I am able to move into this more cognitive based healing. I was wondering if anyone had books or other reference materials that have helped them in changing or relearning thought patterns?

itsloulou
08-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Hmmmm, not sure if this is really what you look for, but I recently bought 'The Magic' by Rhonda Byne. It's about changing the wey of living and doing thinks. It's about being grateful. If you are grateful for what you have, you will recieve more of the good. It's a little bit spiritual, but I think it's quit interesting and really about changing your mindset. I feel like that's also something I need with this anxiety. It's not about anxiety, but you may find it interesting..

amb1984
08-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Thank you. I'll look for it. I know that at times when I am having panic attacks or really deep lows of depression I have strong urges for spiritual healing. I'm not religious, but definitely looking to strengthen my spiritual self.

leighlee
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi all. I am reading "my stroke of insight" atm and find it reassuring to know that this person can control her thoughts and therefore her emotions & behaviors in such a significant way. I have started learning a brief bit about cbt. Despite that I do have some challenges with health anxiety, once getting over the idea that I've had a stroke (still not totally convinced), I found her story of recovery to be really inspiring. I have not been able to learn her practice of thought stopping but will definitely re-read this book when I am able to move into this more cognitive based healing. I was wondering if anyone had books or other reference materials that have helped them in changing or relearning thought patterns?

I read this book. Amazing!

amb1984
08-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I read this book. Amazing!

Thank you for your message. I am unable to pm you though so if you have any books you found you were able to identify with? I read the panic diaries and found that I was able to feel a bit of a relief when reading about other similar experiences.

bonehead
08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Depression Free, Naturally

The AntiAnxiety Food Solution