PDA

View Full Version : Moving away from home

willv91
08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm going to University soon so i will be living away from home. I'm not worried about the actual moving but i am worried about what i will do if i have panic attacks etc. I'm so used to being at home, or near home, when a panic attack occurs so it's going to be quite different for me.

If anybody has gone to university or moved away from home for whatever reason and can share some advice it would help a lot!

Thanks.

oneSimpleDude
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
This is common.....keep telling yourself that you are brave and you can handle any anxiety attack...tell yourself who should be ruling your mind you or your anxiety...I know it's not easy but such autosuggestion do work....whenever your feel fearful, first start with deep (not beyond capacity but not shallow), diaphragmatic breathing with no pause between exhalation and inhalation...then keep reminding yourself you are brave and you can handle any fear...best way to get rid of fear is to face...you are way more powerful than you think....trust me..I have been there and experienced it...