PDA

View Full Version : headaches....I'm not sure....

trinidiva
08-07-2013, 11:43 AM
So, a few days ago, I wrote that I was having a hormonal migraine. This thing is still going on....its been about 5 days now. I went to the doc on monday, she didn't seem to worried. ...she put me back on my duiretic I was originally taking for high bp, she said it would also help my headaches as well. Nope. I still have this weird, dull lingering headache on and off all day. Trying to keep my anxiety in check because I know it won't help....but I swear it is like one side of my face feels weird....but it looks fine. Can anyone relate at all??????

itsloulou
08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I have felt that as wel, 'weird feeling', it felt numb or something. Hard to describe. Tingles or yeah numb. I don't know if this is the kind of feeling you had as wel, or if I'm describing it weird. But it was a part of my migraine. I had it and I freaked out about it.. Also my tongue felt the same way, I thought I was going to choke in my own tongue, because it felt weird, almost like I couldn't feel him anymore. Anyways, it's a common thing with 'aura migraine'. Not sure if you call it that in English, but in dutch aura migraine is some sort of migraine. With numbness of bodyparts, seeing weird stuff, talking strange. It's okay.

itsloulou
08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
If I understood you, if it is what I think it is.

str8trippin
08-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I experience headaches of varying degrees by far the most often out of any symptom I have. I have had a lot of headaches over the years, but they changed and increased significantly when I started having bad anxiety. Most commonly I get what they tell me are tension headaches, which cause a ton of pressure, tingling, almost numbness and just general weird feeling anywhere from my neck to the back, sides and top of my head, forehead, and face. I've been assured again and again that's what it is. My doctor suggested I see a chiropractor who might be able to help get me into better alignment which could potentially decrease the risk and frequency of tension headaches...she also suggested regular massages if possible to help keep the muscles from becoming as tense.

saralouise75
08-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I tried a chiropractor and it has made my headaches alot worse and my neck kills!!!!!

str8trippin
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I haven't mustered up the courage to go yet...that's exactly what scares me...that it is going to make it worse and not better. The reason she suggested I go to one is because she did x-rays of my c-spine and the curvature is slightly off, so she thought that could be contributing to my chronic headaches and that the chiropractor may be able to adjust it. I'm still unsure.

saralouise75
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
I have been about 6 times now,I originally went with shoulder pain,every time I came out,I would get a bad head which would last a week!!!!She pulled my neck at one point,since then my head and shoulder are worse!!!got to go to a headache clinic now as my headaches are everyday!!!!!

jessy
08-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I've got pain in my head searing pain in the sides of my temples :-/
Not had it before , it's killing me :-(

trinidiva
08-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I have been about 6 times now,I originally went with shoulder pain,every time I came out,I would get a bad head which would last a week!!!!She pulled my neck at one point,since then my head and shoulder are worse!!!got to go to a headache clinic now as my headaches are everyday!!!!!

Yeah, I'm totally scared of chiropractors......any type of adjustments to my neck and spine scare the heck out of me. I really think my migraine is due to a combo of hormones ( its that time of the month) and anxiety. Its like a vicious cycle....the headache pain causes anxiety...which in turn causes more headache pain. I called my urgent care and got the most awesome nurse on the phone who also experiences monthlyc migraines....she put in an order for something prescription strength to knock it out.....so I can get on with life. I haven't been able to do much of anything this week.....didn't work Monday...worked from home yesterday and today...barely....and haven't had the ability to play or function much with the kiddos. I've had enough energy to drag myself to the kitchen to make the kids meals....then its back in bed with a cool rag on my forehead.
Jessy....do you think you are having a tension headache? That usually feels like a tight band is around your head.

trinidiva
08-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I have felt that as wel, 'weird feeling', it felt numb or something. Hard to describe. Tingles or yeah numb. I don't know if this is the kind of feeling you had as wel, or if I'm describing it weird. But it was a part of my migraine. I had it and I freaked out about it.. Also my tongue felt the same way, I thought I was going to choke in my own tongue, because it felt weird, almost like I couldn't feel him anymore. Anyways, it's a common thing with 'aura migraine'. Not sure if you call it that in English, but in dutch aura migraine is some sort of migraine. With numbness of bodyparts, seeing weird stuff, talking strange. It's okay.

Yes, aura migraine.....that's exactly what it is....and it is absolutely, absolutely terrible. Regular pain killers are not taking the pain away....just dulling it.

locksey
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes , in England it's called the same ... I've had this type ov image when three times in my life and app that's how it comes .. Not all the time , could be years apart.
Literally one side ov my body would go numb including one side ov my face... My vision would go funny so I would either see the top half ov something ( like a person ) or the bottom Part.. Then I would get the feeling sick and the headache much later ... Then for a few dayz I would feel " off " ..... The doctor told me it was an auro migraine.
Very scary at the time...