PDA

View Full Version : Hi..Im new here

scatmantom
10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Ive been looking online for a forum for some time now..this 1 looks very cool. Ive got anxiety issues...im not sure exactly wot it is I have. I have been seeing a psycologist for about 5 months...and he gives me things i can work. My main problem is that my mind has negative thoughts which cause me to become anxious...I want to stop allowing this. I have a breathing technique and a relaxation CD...but i find they dont always work...i think if I had more ways of beating this is could rotate methods and see which i find most effective. At the moment I breath in very slowly..then out evn slower...I say in my head..."my Head is cool, my thoughts are clear" and i also picture myself in the future having recovered fully...it works alot of the time...but not always. If any1 can recommend a good relaxation tape/CD it would be great...as well as any known mind/breathing techniques i can use to calm my nervous so i dont progress into full on anxiety/panic!!!

Im Tommy btw a 20 year old Student lving in England

shoe
10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Tommy, its good to hear you are having some good results using your techniques. I don't know of any particularly good relaxation CD's, but I know there are plenty of them being sold at stores.. you could probably stop by a music store and listen to a few to see what you like, or listen to samples of them on sites like Amazon.com

there's also a different style of relaxation CD's that use 'hemi-sync' technology.. some sort of sound waves intermixed with the music that help bring you into a sort of hypnotic state of mind. I'm not sure how effective they are, but you could take a look. Here's a link:

http://www.hemi-sync.com/shop/customer/application_search.php?cat=3&page=1

Also, supposedly that game called 'Wild Divine' supposedly helps out - it uses biofeedback to help you control your body to some extent.

http://wilddivine.com/

Anyway, those are just a few ideas. I'm not endorsing the products, because I've yet to try them even myself. But it might be worth checking out.

dan

scatmantom
10-15-2005, 01:39 PM
hey thanks for that advice.

im gonna look into both of those suggestions