PDA

View Full Version : Weird feeling in head

jloca215
08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
So I've had this funny feeling if fullness in my head lately. Sort of like pressure, in my head, ears, cheeks. I thought it was sinus related but I noticed my brain feeling foggy too like I'm getting confused or tongue tied. It's very scary. I'm a 30 year old RN, slightly overweight with health anxiety, panic attacks and some agoraphobia. I've had migraines before and this is not the same. Anyone else get this feeling before? I had it a few months ago for a couple days and one of the docs I work with said its anxiety and it literally went away right after that.

mkgirl01
08-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I had so much pressure in my head at one time I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head hahah my eye pressure was even up... Definitely caused by anxiety and tension

jloca215
08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I had so much pressure in my head at one time I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head hahah my eye pressure was even up... Definitely caused by anxiety and tension

Has it caused you dizziness? I've had that along with vertigo. Sometimes even while laying in bed.

mkgirl01
08-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Yupp.. I've felt dizzy light headed off balance and I've felt like my visual perception is off... Dizziness and lightheadedness is common with anxiety... If its bothering you it's always good to get it checked out

jloca215
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Yea I'm sure it's nothing but it's uncomfortable to say the least. It seems like if I'm busy or doing something enjoyable I don't notice it, which makes me convinced its anxiety but thanks for the reply!

Ahlstrom
08-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I get this too, it's always just above me eyes and in the front of my head. It passes after an hour or two.

autumnbee123
08-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Hey. I get this a lot. I have many symptoms I would like to share with you. I'm 17 and have been dealing with chronic anxiety/hypochondria for three years now

autumnbee123
08-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Everything has been getting progressively worse these past four months. For some reason about 10 months ago I started getting a fear of cancer. Everyday all day long that's all I thought about and still do at times. I get weird feelings in my head not really head aches but a weird pressures in the back of my head and ill get this weird feeling like liquid is flushing throu my body. My head will feel really heavy sometimes and I feel like my arms will go numb too. I have about 100 more symptoms I could tell you

bonehead
08-07-2013, 04:39 AM
What have you tried so far? Have you tried or are you on any supplements? How's your diet? Do you exercise regularly?

Cobra
08-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Try emdr. When you have a bothersome thought or feeling, start moving your eyes back and forth horizontally. They use that on veterans with PTSD. Your job is extremely stressful. It's supposed to help your brain process uncomfortable thoughts and desensitize you to them. Seems to help me. Not a cure, but it does seem to lighten the anxiety.

jloca215
08-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Try emdr. When you have a bothersome thought or feeling, start moving your eyes back and forth horizontally. They use that on veterans with PTSD. Your job is extremely stressful. It's supposed to help your brain process uncomfortable thoughts and desensitize you to them. Seems to help me. Not a cure, but it does seem to lighten the anxiety.

What is emdr? Yes my job IS extremely stressful thank you for acknowledging that! Lol. Of course I'm terrified of a brain tumor now.

str8trippin
08-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi JLoca, I get the same exact thing...a ton of pressure, which is very uncomfortable and upsetting because it's a scary feeling, and I get waves of dizziness and just generally feeling foggy and not with it. Sometimes it's in the back of my head, sometimes one side only, sometimes the front...it moves. After weeks of it freaking me out and progressively getting worse and worse, I finally went to the ER for it where I was assured it was a tension headache, and my doctor also assured me that it was a tension headache, but with as many headaches as I've had through the years, I had never experienced anything like it before in my life. I haven't really found much that has alleviated them, all though they aren't as bad as they were for a while in general. Ibuprofen and Tylenol and those sorts of things don't seem to help, the ER tried Toradol and Phenergren, which made me feel horrible, and I'm taking some vitamin supplements but they haven't really seemed to do anything for the headaches. My doctor suggested I see a chiropractor. I also think my bad posture is a contributing factor, and I want to look into getting some better pillows because I think I might not be getting good support for my neck when I'm sleeping.

leighlee
08-07-2013, 08:41 AM
What is emdr? Yes my job IS extremely stressful thank you for acknowledging that! Lol. Of course I'm terrified of a brain tumor now.

It is a tool that is used for trauma with great results. You can find a licensed therapist to help you process the fear do you aren't reliving the trauma. Look it up online. It stand for eye movement desensitization (have to look up the r, I am blanking).

jloca215
08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Bonehead,

My diet is not consistent. I try to eat healthy but my shifts are twelve hours and some days I don't even get a break. I do exercise two to three times a week. I've only been on one medication for the past 10 years and that's lexapro 20 mg. I'm terrified of switching because I'm so sensitive to all the others. However, I know it's not effective anymore.

bonehead
08-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Generally, a good way to tell if head pressure (and other sensations) is caused by anxiety is if it:

- tends to occur with other anxiety symptoms.
- goes in and out depending on your level of anxiety/stress.

No one knows the exact cause of the head pressure feeling, but anxiety causes a great deal of stress on the body (or is it the other way around?). That stress tenses your muscles and throws off your hormones, both of which are known to cause various sensations in your head.

The key thing to remember is that it's not going to hurt or kill you.

pluperfecthell
08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Omg I had this symptom for like 2 months before it finally went away, it was soooo annoying. I got the weird cheek and ear pressure too but my anxiety is starting to calm down and the symptom started to go away. It comes and goes every now and then but nowhere near like when I had it for those 2 months straight. My doctor said it was anxiety too.