PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline/Zoloft

lalouba_jane
08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey all,

My doc prescribed me 50mg (daily) of Sertraline last week. I took my first pill on the Friday morning and on Saturday night suffered the worst panic attack of my life.

I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't breathe or focus visually on anything in the room and the sight or mention of food made me vomit. My heart felt like it was about to break out of my chest.

I suffered badly with weeks of horrible anxiety and panic attacks when I tried Citalopram (Celexa for those of you in the US) even on a 10mg dose, and I hoped that Sertraline/Zoloft would be the answer.

Has anybody had any success with this medication? Did you have any side effects or increased anxiety in the first few weeks? I only took two and for now don't plan on taking anymore as the attack terrified me. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

mkgirl01
08-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I am currently taking 50mg of zoloft and it helps a little but not nearly as much to say I'm "normal" I really don't care for it

em1
08-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I am on 50mg of setraline I'm now on week 9 it takes a few weeks so you need to give it time,the first week I felt abit Cloudy headed but that goes and it's working good :) stick with it

vic
08-06-2013, 03:24 PM
I am on 50mg of setraline I'm now on week 9 it takes a few weeks so you need to give it time,the first week I felt abit Cloudy headed but that goes and it's working good :) stick with it

I've started day one of these and have felt very tierd all day nd abit sick nd my eyes don't look like me :( did u get any of this? Thankyou

em1
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I've started day one of these and have felt very tierd all day nd abit sick nd my eyes don't look like me :( did u get any of this? Thankyou

Yes I felt like that you will
For a while but it did pass for me
Very fast and I've had a really good outcome I hope you do to :)

MrsJ88
08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
I took Zoloft once and panicked repeatedly all day.. Never took it again!

jloca215
08-06-2013, 05:47 PM
It helps to take a benzo for the first couple of weeks until the antidepressant starts to take effect. They can increase anxiety in the beginning. Great right? I am a nurse and I also have personal experience with Zoloft myself.

ADD
08-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Hey all,

My doc prescribed me 50mg (daily) of Sertraline last week. I took my first pill on the Friday morning and on Saturday night suffered the worst panic attack of my life.

I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't breathe or focus visually on anything in the room and the sight or mention of food made me vomit. My heart felt like it was about to break out of my chest.

I suffered badly with weeks of horrible anxiety and panic attacks when I tried Citalopram (Celexa for those of you in the US) even on a 10mg dose, and I hoped that Sertraline/Zoloft would be the answer.

Has anybody had any success with this medication? Did you have any side effects or increased anxiety in the first few weeks? I only took two and for now don't plan on taking anymore as the attack terrified me. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

SSRIs make matters worst before they fix them and the take up to six weeks to take full effect. Also you must keep in mind that even though Zoloft and Celexa belong to the same family they effect different people differently.
I took Celexa for about a year and I will never forget the first two weeks they were uncomfortable to say the least but I got lucky with it and my body responded well to the medication. In the meantime I was chatting with people from the forum that had to switch pills until they found the one that did it for them, so a lot of patience is required in these matters.
I would further recommend to do therapy as I belie this would be the key to you being able to rewire your brain and being able to navigate and control it properly. Once you find a good therapist the SSRIs would make their job much easier in identifying the root of the problem and fixing it, resulting in a quick healing for you.
I hope this helps :), cheers.

blondieqtpie
08-07-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm on 30 mg of celexa and finding it works for me.. Took 2 months to adapt. I hate taking ssri's... Most have had horrible side effects. I like my clonaxapam and two glasses of wine at night. Been in ssri's: Paxil, Effexor. Cipralex now Celexa. I'd suggest taking it at night as I find after a few hours I'm a bit sleepy.

acetone
08-07-2013, 05:15 AM
The first few days are terrible when starting SSRIs for many people. If you are unable to muscle through the side effects, take a benzo and go straight to bed. I think it is better to take zoloft after having food as it can cause nausea on an empty stomach.