PDA

View Full Version : Chronic leg ache. Sigh!

lalouba_jane
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone else gets this??

My left side is without a doubt my worst in all areas for some reason, my left leg being the current bane of my existence!

Seems to ache in a sciatica sort of way down the back of my lower thigh and into my upper calf, but the last few days this has moved to my inner ankle and now into my inner calf muscle.

Obviously I always fear the worst even though I know my posture is terrible and I walk wonky!

I know chronic muscle aches are a fairly typical anxiety symptom but it's just bugging me rotten now!

bonehead
08-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Take some magnesium, enjoy no more leg cramps.

emtw12
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
what is the magnesium called that you take bonehead? I suffer with muscle aches!! :(

dothebartman
08-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I often get muscle aches in my hip and thigh area. Sometimes they occur in my calves as well. I thought it was just from my weight or how I slept the night before. I never even considered it was due to my anxiety!

lalouba_jane
08-06-2013, 12:58 PM
So glad to hear I'm not the only one but also gutted that you guys are going through it as well - feels like Chinese water torture sometimes, because it isn't agony, it's just an annoying constant that comes in varying strengths.

Really unpleasant. I had my doc check me over for DVT but she didn't run an ultrasound because she thought it had been going on for too long and that it would've "come to a head" months ago if it was that, so I've been referred for some physio.

I've got an appt with a different doc on Friday to discuss some blood test results so I'm going to ask her about Vitamin D, as I've heard a low Vit-D level can cause leg pain. I'll let y'all know if I find anything that helps!

bonehead
08-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I take Slow-Mag (mag chloride and calcium), but only because it was the first one i found (at the walgreens near my house).. i'm sure most will do, but try to avoid stay the mag oxide products because the body doesn't absorb it very well. I hear that epson salts in the bath work well too, but I haven't tried it myself.

emtw12
08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks bonehead! just googled it. is it this one?

lalouba_jane
08-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know of any stretches or exercises that might help? Jogging only seemed to aggravate the problem and I can't get to a pool.

dothebartman
08-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know of any stretches or exercises that might help? Jogging only seemed to aggravate the problem and I can't get to a pool.

What about yoga? Youtube has lots of videos that may help with those pains.