PDA

View Full Version : No more alcohol....

raggamuffin
08-05-2013, 03:31 AM
The past 4 or 5 weekends. I've had 3 or 4 drinks to get tipsy by myself. Had some next days I felt rough with a bad headache, other times I was actually vomitting.

Last Friday I decided to have 8 ciders. Lightweight to some of my friends but I woke up feeling fine the next day. Then the headaches and dizziness came on.

48 hours later and I still have a headache and dizziness. Both come and go. Feels worse when i'm moving (as my dizziness has always felt in thre past). I've avoided using pain killers thus far but it's really put things into perspective in terms of alcohol. Whlist feeling tipsy or drunk can feel fun the aftermath really isn't worth it.

Plus I don't want this becoming an even more regular occurance. It's annoying as I'd gone a week or so without feeling dizzy regularly. Going back to trying the neck stretches and focusing on correct breathing.

Been drinking loads of water so I know it's not dehydration. I mean at this point it could just as easily be tension/anxiety related as opposed to alcohol related.

Still, i know it's common to feel more anxious after drinking so I think it's time to knock it on the head. Feels so much worse at work though. Fluorescent lights, computer screens and loads of people talking...ugh

Ed

leetbulldog
08-05-2013, 04:13 AM
The past 4 or 5 weekends. I've had 3 or 4 drinks to get tipsy by myself. Had some next days I felt rough with a bad headache, other times I was actually vomitting.

Last Friday I decided to have 8 ciders. Lightweight to some of my friends but I woke up feeling fine the next day. Then the headaches and dizziness came on.

48 hours later and I still have a headache and dizziness. Both come and go. Feels worse when i'm moving (as my dizziness has always felt in thre past). I've avoided using pain killers thus far but it's really put things into perspective in terms of alcohol. Whlist feeling tipsy or drunk can feel fun the aftermath really isn't worth it.

Plus I don't want this becoming an even more regular occurance. It's annoying as I'd gone a week or so without feeling dizzy regularly. Going back to trying the neck stretches and focusing on correct breathing.

Been drinking loads of water so I know it's not dehydration. I mean at this point it could just as easily be tension/anxiety related as opposed to alcohol related.

Still, i know it's common to feel more anxious after drinking so I think it's time to knock it on the head. Feels so much worse at work though. Fluorescent lights, computer screens and loads of people talking...ugh

Ed

That is one of the reasons why I stopped drinking. I felt it made my anxiety worse..anyways, I hope you feel better :)

raggamuffin
08-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Very true, I guess after 7 years of being a stoner and 14 months smoke free I kinda craved some sort of way to feel intoxicated. But none of it's good.

Ed