PDA

View Full Version : anxiety, hormonal headache and cycle.....

trinidiva
08-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm about to literally lose my mind. I need help, and bad......I have my cycle, a terrible hormonal migraine and my anxiety is kicked up in super high gear. I had to take 1/2 a xanax a little while ago and I'm still keyed up. I haven't been this bad in a long time. I took Motrin about 3 hrs ago q and my head is still killing me. I have a cold cloth on my head and I'm laying down in my bed in the dark. I still feel like absolute crap. Can anyone please, please share what helps them through these headaches? I'm really struggling and I'm willing myself to not down the anxiety / panic attack road. I'm so disappointed, everything had been going so well until this hit.

Saldav
08-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Think happy thoughts, think back at when you felt like this before and eventually after time those terrible feelings whent away. Know that your not alone and that everything is going to be better in time, if you know of any breathing techniques now is the time to do them. I know it gets overwhelming but know that it's going to be ok.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me I've been there and as a matter of fact been anxious and depressed for a few weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

xxcraigiexx
08-04-2013, 09:14 PM
The same exact thing happened to me last night. My headache was so bad it sent me into a full panic attack. Pretty much what helped me was Tylenol and laying in a dark room. I get this bad headache the same time every month and it sucks.

trinidiva
08-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you both so much. Talking about it helps. I definitely have been using my breathing techniques. ...I think that and the half of xanax I took is keeping me from giing

trinidiva
08-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Thank you both so much. Talking about it helps. I definitely have been using my breathing techniques. ...I think that and the half of xanax I took is keeping me from going completely over the edge into a full out panic attack. This headache is a nightmare. ....I've just started to experience these a few months ago...and they put me out of commission for a day or two.

Xcraig.....do you find anything else helps other than pain relievers and cool cloth on the head? Ive heard a little caffeine helps but I'm scared to try with the whole anxiety thing. ...I know we are supposed to avoid it.....but seriously I'm willing to try anything. ..

xxcraigiexx
08-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I was considering caffeine but it always makes my anxiety so much worse. I tried massaging the back of my neck and it helped a little bit.

trinidiva
08-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Ok, i will try that. Thank you so much. I hope this goes away sooner rather than later. I seriously can't take it. I'm in tears over here.