PDA

View Full Version : what do you do

angieproc1977
08-04-2013, 11:06 AM
When your having palpitations and are trying to stop it turning into panic ?? Ive been having them on and off for about an hour now im trying to relax but I can't stop them from bothering me x

nervousbutterflies
08-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Just know the palpitations cannot physically harm you. Just tell yourself it's your anxiety causing it and they will go away. The heart is a very strong muscle And little heart palpitations don't even phase it.

catchaneye
08-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I have this as well. Have you tried deep breathing? Its a miracle worker for me! Try breathing in through your nose for 3 seconds, hold it for 2 and out through your mouth for 3.
Sounds ridiculously simple but it really does work for me :)

angieproc1977
08-04-2013, 12:24 PM
No matter how I try to calm them I can't make them stop they make the rest of my body feel weird, shakey and weak do any of you get that too ?? They have stopped now the ones I was getting so must have done something to stop them x

locksey
08-04-2013, 12:51 PM
No matter how I try to calm them I can't make them stop they make the rest of my body feel weird, shakey and weak do any of you get that too ?? They have stopped now the ones I was getting so must have done something to stop them x

Yeah ... I've been having this the last few days and bin struggling

solta
08-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Could you try to keep your focus on something else? Palps used to get to me before but now I barely mind them when they come. I know that nothing is going to happen so there's nothing to be afraid of.

angieproc1977
08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I cant seem to focus on anything else while they're happening I feel sure im gonna collapse or something x

locksey
08-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I cant seem to focus on anything else while they're happening I feel sure im gonna collapse or something x

Yeah it's really scary and as much as u tell yourself it's ok , been here before etc ... Doesn't make u feel any better :-/