PDA

View Full Version : my first time on here. need some advice please.

lmslms
10-12-2007, 06:40 PM
i get bad anxiety from time to time and the worst is when u think u are going to go mad or just break out in a fit. also the way it makes u feel sa though u arent real and u are floating in the air is scary.

can anxiety hurt u and make u go mad or into a fit?

thanks

V for Victor
10-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I understand where you're coming from. It's a really scary feeling that you're headed down a slippery slope and you can't stop. Like you're headed for a crash no matter what.

But that's really all it is: A feeling. Nothing more.

The feeling of unrealness is not uncommon, and neither is a fear of going mad. Lot's of people (myself included) have worried that they'll go bezerk one day, and kill somebody and then kill themselves, or go to prison for the rest of their lives, or whatever. The important thing to remember here is that if you're not going to act on something if you're afraid of it. You are in control of yourself. Of all of the serial killers and murderers out there, none of them actually just "snapped" and went on a killing spree. They planned it, and they don't regret it. They never worried about it.

Remember that it's just a feeling. You're not crazy, you just have anxiety.

lmslms
10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I understand where you're coming from. It's a really scary feeling that you're headed down a slippery slope and you can't stop. Like you're headed for a crash no matter what.

But that's really all it is: A feeling. Nothing more.

The feeling of unrealness is not uncommon, and neither is a fear of going mad. Lot's of people (myself included) have worried that they'll go bezerk one day, and kill somebody and then kill themselves, or go to prison for the rest of their lives, or whatever. The important thing to remember here is that if you're not going to act on something if you're afraid of it. You are in control of yourself. Of all of the serial killers and murderers out there, none of them actually just "snapped" and went on a killing spree. They planned it, and they don't regret it. They never worried about it.

Remember that it's just a feeling. You're not crazy, you just have anxiety.

thanks buddy. this is very re-assuring and makes me feel a little more normal