PDA

View Full Version : anyone religious

ADD
08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I am a Muslim convert and religion plays a big role in my life. I know religion is a very delicate subject, but I said what the hell :). If anyone believes in a higher power please can you share how do you use your thoughts and beliefs to your advantage in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks.
If you don't feel comfortable commenting on the thread you can PM me.

Gary.

mistiblue
08-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, number 1 if it wasn't for God I don't know where I'd be right now. I know it is Him that gives me strength to make it each day. Prayer helps me so much and just to feel the presence of God is a solace for me. I know The Lord has a plan for my life and I am sure He has everything under control. I have a promise from God that He is right here with me!!

ADD
08-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, number 1 if it wasn't for God I don't know where I'd be right now. I know it is Him that gives me strength to make it each day. Prayer helps me so much and just to feel the presence of God is a solace for me. I know The Lord has a plan for my life and I am sure He has everything under control. I have a promise from God that He is right here with me!!

Thank you for sharing and you sound really positive ( I like that ). I will try and remind myself more often to be positive when it comes to the outcome of things :)

mylove9080
08-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Yes mistyblue. Is hard at times for example right now but when i put my christian songs it relaxes me and is a reminder that God is with me.

leetbulldog
08-02-2013, 03:41 AM
I give my all to god. Since the moment I wake up to the night when I go to sleep.God has helped me a lot and if it wasn't for him, idk where I will be at this point in my life. God gives me the strength I need to overcome anxiety everyday. I also let him know in my prayers that to give me strength everyday..

laurentellez
08-02-2013, 08:54 AM
When I pray, especially at night my heart is such at peace.. most definitely prayer can help make u feel a lot better. Sometimes, when I pray I cry and when I open my eyes, I feel like a new person..