PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart rate right after eating!!!

Blessed
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Please help my heart rate feels like its flying and I just ate. Now I've worked myself up and my chest is hurting ?? Is that normal?? Anxiety!!!!!!

leighlee
08-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Please help my heart rate feels like its flying and I just ate. Now I've worked myself up and my chest is hurting ?? Is that normal?? Anxiety!!!!!!
It is normal to have an increased heart rate afyer eating. I do and my husband does to and he doesn't have anxiety. Just your body digesting food. I think because we're sensitive we notice.

Blessed
08-01-2013, 07:22 PM
It is normal to have an increased heart rate afyer eating. I do and my husband does to and he doesn't have anxiety. Just your body digesting food. I think because we're sensitive we notice.

Thanks how longs it last

leighlee
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Not usually long for me, longer if I am anxious. I notice it most of what I ate was full of surgar or fat. I have also noticed my pulse will go fast if I haven't eaten. When I do it it slows down. Have you tried drinking water and deep breathing? Feel better!

Blessed
08-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Not usually long for me, longer if I am anxious. I notice it most of what I ate was full of surgar or fat. I have also noticed my pulse will go fast if I haven't eaten. When I do it it slows down. Have you tried drinking water and deep breathing? Feel better!

Thank you. I ate Mexican food big mistake it's been two hours now

laurentellez
08-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Foods high In carbs will do that.. foods high in carbs can also take longer to digest..

defmunel
08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Bah! My heart does this nearly everytime I eat. So annoying.

If I stuff my face full, it's more likely to happen.

What helps? Small meals...and keeping busy after eating. If I sit after eating, it takes longer to digest and for the hr to calm down. I make sure I'm active when I'm finished eating.

Don't know why it helps, but it does.