PDA

View Full Version : Driving me crazy!

Rickk90
08-01-2013, 05:57 PM
ok i think im suffering from a panic attack as i type
i feel like im getting strangled, cant swallow and feels like something is stuck behind my adams apple.
ive also been feeling dizzy
and cant breathe/:
why is this happening to me ?

StudentAnx
08-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Itll pass mate! I've been breathless almost 24/7 for he last week or so. seeking out help for the first time tomorrow (so I say). This has taken over my life recently! horrid

Rickk90
08-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Itll pass mate! I've been breathless almost 24/7 for he last week or so. seeking out help for the first time tomorrow (so I say). This has taken over my life recently! horrid

Thanks for replying
and hopefully all goes well for you.
what other symptoms do you feel?

kingmemphis
08-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi, are you any medication for your anxiety?

Rickk90
08-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Hi, are you any medication for your anxiety?

Recently stopped xanax
Don't want to take medication unless its natural

StudentAnx
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for replying
and hopefully all goes well for you.
what other symptoms do you feel?

cheers. Butterflies in the stomach and breathlessness are the biggest ones, negative thoughts of loneliness etc, restlessness, racing heart, the feeling walking down the street that everyone's watching me. the closer I get to going back to uni the worse the symptoms are getting. If I had to self diagnose Id say panic disorder. I'm always worried that people will see my heavy breathing and this is what starts my panic attacks imo. The fear of having another one is a constant thought atm

Rickk90
08-01-2013, 11:58 PM
cheers. Butterflies in the stomach and breathlessness are the biggest ones, negative thoughts of loneliness etc, restlessness, racing heart, the feeling walking down the street that everyone's watching me. the closer I get to going back to uni the worse the symptoms are getting. If I had to self diagnose Id say panic disorder. I'm always worried that people will see my heavy breathing and this is what starts my panic attacks imo. The fear of having another one is a constant thought atm

Seems like we both have a couple of symptoms
Are you taking the natural route or taking meds?

StudentAnx
08-02-2013, 12:00 AM
I feel like I don't want to be taking meds at 21. I've not got help or told anyone at all I'm suffering yet. are you on meds? would you recommend?

Rickk90
08-02-2013, 12:06 AM
I feel like I don't want to be taking meds at 21. I've not got help or told anyone at all I'm suffering yet. are you on meds? would you recommend?

I'm 22
And recently gave up meds
I was taking coreg(beta blocker)
Xanax
And Cymbalta
Let me tell you
The beta blocker sucked
I had 0 sexual desire and started messing with me in areas that should be working.
So I stopped that
Xanax I was getting highly addicted to
And cymbalta was making my symptoms worse
Some people say medication is good
But others say it only masks symptoms while you're on it
And once you come off it'll come back..
And at the age of 22 I can't accept taking pills every single day to help my brain/:

StudentAnx
08-02-2013, 12:17 AM
yeah I don't really see the meds as an option atm. I feel I really have to see about this soon though. Can't afford to be missing lectures in my final year!

Rickk90
08-02-2013, 12:19 AM
yeah I don't really see the meds as an option atm. I feel I really have to see about this soon though. Can't afford to be missing lectures in my final year!

Luckily I'm currently on vacation as I took the summer off but I'm back at it for the fall semester
I'm going to seek some naturalists to see if that helps

StudentAnx
08-02-2013, 12:24 AM
hope all goes well or you mate! just nice to talk about these things sometimes. I'm going to start a self help book at the very least

Lin
08-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Medication can help if you need it. For my anxiety I take regular diazepam every day, but it is addictive. It helps to keep my mood level during the day. I have got used to it now so i don't notice immediate relief, but I notice if I have forgotten to take it because my anxiety and panic etc really is bad.
I also tried with no meds and used herbal tablets at first. I know this works for some people and did for me for a while, but it did not help me once the depression and anxiety got really bad.