PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping a lot is it normal.

Saldav
08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I had a very bad anxiety attack one week ago, I'm very depressed now but also very sleepy and anxious at the same time. I fall asleep but when I wake up I'm very anxious and worried I'm losing my mind. I also get mad and irritated very easy. All I want to do is sleep but in my mind I feel like I'm just wasting my life away, I feel I need the rest but my mind tells me I'm just wasting my time. I just need to know if this is normal with anxiety/depression. Any help will be appreciated. And please any feedback of similar symptoms will also be appreciated. Thanks.

leetbulldog
08-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I had a very bad anxiety attack one week ago, I'm very depressed now but also very sleepy and anxious at the same time. I fall asleep but when I wake up I'm very anxious and worried I'm losing my mind. I also get mad and irritated very easy. All I want to do is sleep but in my mind I feel like I'm just wasting my life away, I feel I need the rest but my mind tells me I'm just wasting my time. I just need to know if this is normal with anxiety/depression. Any help will be appreciated. And please any feedback of similar symptoms will also be appreciated. Thanks.

I feel like this aswell.. my anxiety and Depression has taken a toll in my body that I feel that I haven't or didn't enjoy my mid 20s the way I should've . But when you don't feel so well it's tough to go out and put your happy smile face when your feeling like crap on the inside.

Saldav
08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the reply bro, this crap makes me feel like a little bitch. And I'm embarased to talk about it

Bam77
08-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Its not a sign of weakness, but a sign of trying to be too strong for too long. Anxiety is pretty rough, but it does get better. There's nothing to be embarrassed about man. That being said, not everyone will understand what you're going through. That can be very frustrating. I was bed bound for awhile with some bad anxiety. My meds kicked in and I feel better. I find that staying busy helps.

Saldav
08-01-2013, 02:42 PM
So should I let my mind rest with sleep or should I get up and do something? I have no motivation either but I think that has something to do with the depression.

Bam77
08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Listen to your body. Rest when tired keep busy otherwise. That's what I do and it helps. Sometimes my anxiety can come on when Im worn out and don't rest.

leetbulldog
08-01-2013, 03:27 PM
So should I let my mind rest with sleep or should I get up and do something? I have no motivation either but I think that has something to do with the depression.

Your right, what I notice is that most people I talked to about my issues regarding my anxiety, depression etc, don't really put that much of attention to it. It's not that they don't care or I believe it's not that, but it's just that they haven't felt what you and I have. After I realized what I just mentioned, I really don't talk to my friends about it anymore.even though they ask and I feel like crap, I just put my happy smile and tell them I'm fine.. :/ I feel embarrassed aswell.. I'm a big dude and this makes me feel like a Winnie, a loser :/ about the motivation, that's what I have been struggling with.. Every morning I wake up I have 0% motivation.. it sucks to wake up like that.. but I drag my ass off my bed. I sometimes need that help from a friend or a family member but I don't have one to help me out.. :(

Saldav
08-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Your right, what I notice is that most people I talked to about my issues regarding my anxiety, depression etc, don't really put that much of attention to it. It's not that they don't care or I believe it's not that, but it's just that they haven't felt what you and I have. After I realized what I just mentioned, I really don't talk to my friends about it anymore.even though they ask and I feel like crap, I just put my happy smile and tell them I'm fine.. :/ I feel embarrassed aswell.. I'm a big dude and this makes me feel like a Winnie, a loser :/ about the motivation, that's what I have been struggling with.. Every morning I wake up I have 0% motivation.. it sucks to wake up like that.. but I drag my ass off my bed. I sometimes need that help from a friend or a family member but I don't have one to help me out.. :(

Leetbulldog are you on any meds and if you are do you mind sharing?

leetbulldog
08-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Leetbulldog are you on any meds and if you are do you mind sharing?

I wouldn't mind.. And I'm not on any Meds.. I been going through this for 7years.. I think I do need some help with meds..

Saldav
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't mind.. And I'm not on any Meds.. I been going through this for 7years.. I think I do need some help with meds..

I never wanted to take any type of meds but it became so overwhelming I had to try something.