PDA

View Full Version : Need advise PLEASE!!!

Blessed
07-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Has anyone taken beta blockers ? Had any issues or experiences? My question is can beta blockers make you worse or weaken your heart or cause you to actually have heart palps , chest pain heaviness and more anxiety? I'm so aggravated I dunno what to think. I been on beta blockers very low dose for two years and my anxiety and heart palps are at an all time high!!!!! My doc assures me they are safe they are fine. But I didn't have all these problems till I started taking medication please help me understand
!!!

locksey
07-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Has anyone taken beta blockers ? Had any issues or experiences? My question is can beta blockers make you worse or weaken your heart or cause you to actually have heart palps , chest pain heaviness and more anxiety? I'm so aggravated I dunno what to think. I been on beta blockers very low dose for two years and my anxiety and heart palps are at an all time high!!!!! My doc assures me they are safe they are fine. But I didn't have all these problems till I started taking medication please help me understand
!!!

What dosage U on ?

I've been in them for 6yrs plus and on a high dose and haven't had problems .. Apart from wen I first took them but that was 2b expected

suz245
07-31-2013, 06:03 PM
ive been on beta blockers for 17 yrs and 10 days ago i started to get bad irregular heart beats and skipping beats that i can feel in my chest all the time and cant sleep for it..... today i never took one and apart from my heart being a bit faster it wasnt as bad im sure it will be fine unless you take them over a very long time like me ... they are very good for anxiety xxx

Blessed
07-31-2013, 06:09 PM
What dosage U on ?

I've been in them for 6yrs plus and on a high dose and haven't had problems .. Apart from wen I first took them but that was 2b expected

25 mg once a day 1/2 dose am. 1/2 dose pm

locksey
07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
25 mg once a day 1/2 dose am. 1/2 dose pm

I'm on 80mg and supposed to take 2 a day but only take one

Blessed
07-31-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm on 80mg and supposed to take 2 a day but only take one

I'm on atenolol

Blessed
07-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Just wish I knew if this was making my anxiety worse or secretly helping and I just don't c it ????

Blessed
07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
All I know is I'm sick of the heart palps and sick of the chest pain

Blessed
07-31-2013, 08:47 PM
And when I take a nap my mind races my heart races and pounds and the doc keeps saying IM FINE!!!! I dunno what to thunj