PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum/ long time anxiety sufferer

Bartek
07-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello. I am a 31 year old male. I've been struggling with anxiety (social anxiety mainly) for over 10 years. I've been on all kinds of medication, therapy but it does not seem to work very well. Lately, I've switched from Prostiq to Sertraline mainly because I thought Pristiq did not do its job. I've been on Sertraline for about 2 months but not much improvement. The funny thing, like in case of most likely many of you, is that I seem to be a pretty successful individual. I am educated, got good job, a loving wife and my first baby (a boy) on its way, but something keeps me from enjoying all these things as much as I want. I understand there will always be some anxiety but some emotional stability would be welcome at this point! I'm hoping being a member of this group and sharing/reading our experiences will help me cope with all of this. Thanks!

Milk6
08-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi Bartek, I've only just joined the forum too so hello! I've only read a few threads so far but already I've seen people describe the debilitating feelings I have too. Keep reading and I think soon we'll begin to understand ourselves and how we are definitely not alone! All the best and congrats for your boy!