PDA

View Full Version : meditation ?

arman
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Has anyone had any positive results with meditation? I read in this forum that some people had been looking into "mindfulness" as a technique, and I went and bought a book on it and it has you do a half hour of "formal" mediation (sitting) as well as "informal" meditation (mindfulness). What I notice in these sitting sessions is that when I'm relaxed and something disturbs the quiet, like the house creaking or some other small insignificant noise, I get a shot of adrenalin as if someone snuck up behind me and fired a gun. Surely this is not normal. A hyperactive "fight or flight" reaction? Anybody else experience this? Seems like I could lessen it after a little while of "disconnecting" with my body.

MikeMarcoe
10-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi. I've had good results from meditation. I've also had a little of that adrenaline effect you had.

You should know that disconnecting is only going to make your symptoms worse. Anxiety thrives on that kind of environment. The best thing to do is continue with your meditation. You will go through a lot of rough spots as you progress, but doing so will make you much stronger and better able to deal with them.

I find that even 5 minutes of deep breathing meditation works wonders throughout the day.