PDA

View Full Version : My vision is off..

laurentellez
07-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Today I have been feeling okay but my vision seems off. A bit blurry and distorted.. took my blood pressure 144/90 then sat there for a few min and re did it 138/77 .. I don't think its blood pressure related.. but I have noticed I do have a headache. Was wondering if headache may have anything to do with distorted vision.. any advice? ?

ac17
07-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Are you experiencing tunnel vision? That is a very common symptom of anxiety. I'm a contact wearer so sometimes if my vision is off it could be dry contacts.

laurentellez
07-30-2013, 08:46 PM
What exactly is tunnel vision??

Stephj526
07-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Today I have been feeling okay but my vision seems off. A bit blurry and distorted.. took my blood pressure 144/90 then sat there for a few min and re did it 138/77 .. I don't think its blood pressure related.. but I have noticed I do have a headache. Was wondering if headache may have anything to do with distorted vision.. any advice? ?

The headache could be because of your blood pressure, but it also a symptom of anxiety. And the vision happens to me all the time. Things seem blurry, like you have to blink a few times to focus. Do you wear contacts? My doc switched my brand and it helped a bit. But I hear a lot of people complain of vision changes with anxiety, it's very annoying!

laurentellez
07-30-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm supposed to wear glasses but refused when I felt dizzy with them on.. but sometimes I can see perfect with no blurring and other times my vision is off.. like I have squint.. or likely eyes are dry.. ugh I hate it.. I don't think that blood pressure is the issue.. it's not high enough to cause those kinds of symptoms..

padrepio34
08-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey lauren email me private message is not working [email protected]

Dave Tupper
08-02-2013, 06:18 PM
headaches could most definitely be causing your distorted vision, its very common with migraines and other types of headaches. I used to experience bad headaches that would last weeks and my vision would be blurry at times.

vic
08-03-2013, 01:20 AM
As stress and anxiety increase hormones special cortisol and adrenaline for fight or flight these natural change ur pupil size and heighten your senses so it's normal for vision problems wen in this state