PDA

View Full Version : Worried

aclockworkrystn
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
My fiance has always had stomach issues and lately he has been having a lot of trapped gas and some chest pain here and there. On Thursday he said he had some really scary heart palpitations that made him dizzy and he's been anxious ever since. He went to the doctor today and had an EKG done. I'm so worried about him! He's only 31. Of course I am thinking the worst. Has anyone else been through this? I know he had read that trapped gas can trigger palpitations but he wanted to see the doctor to ease his mind. Can anyone tell me about their experience with palpitations? Is it likely that it could be something serious?

pdub
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi! Very unlikely that this is serious. It is a good thing that he went to the doctor to get it checked out. Please listen to what your doctor has to say. Most of us have these palpitations or "skipped" beats every now and then. Some people are more aware of them than others. If this is a persistent irregular heart rhythm there are many, many good treatments out there. Don't think the worst, because he is definitely not dying. If the heart palpitations persist, go back to the doctor. Best of luck to you!

futurebound
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
My fiance has always had stomach issues and lately he has been having a lot of trapped gas and some chest pain here and there. On Thursday he said he had some really scary heart palpitations that made him dizzy and he's been anxious ever since. He went to the doctor today and had an EKG done. I'm so worried about him! He's only 31. Of course I am thinking the worst. Has anyone else been through this? I know he had read that trapped gas can trigger palpitations but he wanted to see the doctor to ease his mind. Can anyone tell me about their experience with palpitations? Is it likely that it could be something serious?

Does he exercise much? Exercise and weight-lifting can cause palpitations, or maybe all the stress has just turned into mild anxiety

aclockworkrystn
07-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you pdub and futurebound no he doesn't really but he recently started working at his old job (at a gas station) so he is on his feet more often than before. But he does have anxiety. It didn't start coming back until this month (after being mostly anxiety free for 8 years).

pdub
07-30-2013, 04:25 PM
This sounds very consistent with anxiety related heart palpitations. Those with anxiety are usually overly aware of stomach gas and heart palpitations that non anxious people don't notice.

futurebound
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank you pdub and futurebound no he doesn't really but he recently started working at his old job (at a gas station) so he is on his feet more often than before. But he does have anxiety. It didn't start coming back until this month (after being mostly anxiety free for 8 years).

Under lying anxiety is usually precipitated by a variety of stressors. An example could be, work, money, family, social all sorts of things. There's usually a trigger especially if its been gone for 8 years.

aclockworkrystn
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Under lying anxiety is usually precipitated by a variety of stressors. An example could be, work, money, family, social all sorts of things. There's usually a trigger especially if its been gone for 8 years.

That makes sense. We have a 9 month old and he recently picked up the extra part time job on top of his regular job so I could stay at home with our daughter. He also picks up a lot of extra shifts when he can because we are getting married in January. He claims none of it stresses him out but I assume he just doesn't realize it.

futurebound
07-30-2013, 04:53 PM
That makes sense. We have a 9 month old and he recently picked up the extra part time job on top of his regular job so I could stay at home with our daughter. He also picks up a lot of extra shifts when he can because we are getting married in January. He claims none of it stresses him out but I assume he just doesn't realize it.

Us men think we are machines n that our body can take it like we r some kind of battlefield machine....unfortunately our subconscious can not . Sounds like your situation can be remedied fairly easily. Maybe just re-visit a few methods on dealing with stress, anxiety and emotion management :)