PDA

View Full Version : Books

JoeyLowtown
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I can anybody recommend a good book on dealing with anxiety/depression with good self-help techniques etc thanks

sweetpea_14513
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM
I have found the book "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edmund J. Bourne to be extremely helpful to me. It has many self-help techniques.

squirt
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The book that we used in my CBT group called Been there, done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz is short and simple and jump started my recovery. It's a friendly introduction to the whole CBT process. It focuses on the TEA form thought countering exercise which I still use now to manage my anxiety. If you want to get better CBT is the way to go.

lalaland
10-10-2007, 07:21 AM
I read Claire Weekes book 'Essential Help for your Nerves'. I found it extremely helpful. I would definately recommend her books. :D :D

woofytalk
10-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't mean to overly self promote, but i used the book in my signature. It helped me overcome panic attacks and has reduced my anxiety to a comfortably manageable level. I also enjoyed the success stories and found the information on the site pretty relevant and helpful. Since using the book's methods, i've been promoting it to others who i think would benefit from it.

feel free to check it out.

-Rachel

JoeyLowtown
10-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Ive ordered two books by Claire Weekes. Partly because Paul David recommends her in his book. I need to beat this thing!

derkmesiter
11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I have read it and is very helpful.

I've never heard of Weekes but I will look into her, thanks!

frogger
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
i read 'hope and help for your nerves' by claire weekes. i liked it, but maybe i'm hard to reach.

in conjunction with my new therapist, i am also reading 'anxiety & panic attacks' by robert handly. this feels good. i'm keepin hope alive.