PDA

View Full Version : Best meds

vic
07-30-2013, 11:28 AM
What are best meds for depression?

kelliesean
07-30-2013, 12:10 PM
What are best meds for depression?

I think it's a personal kind of situation and we all have to find which works best for us. Sometimes people have to try a few before they find their best fit.

I have taken Paxil and Zoloft, and had great success' w both.. I'm currently on Zoloft. I have also heard good things about lexapro..

vic
07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
I think it's a personal kind of situation and we all have to find which works best for us. Sometimes people have to try a few before they find their best fit.

I have taken Paxil and Zoloft, and had great success' w both.. I'm currently on Zoloft. I have also heard good things about lexapro..

I have health anxiety but will not go doctors cuz I fear illness too much so I get scared in case meds made me feel worse :( so I've always avoided them but I think I could do with a little help spec for my family

shelley15
07-30-2013, 03:56 PM
I have health anxiety but will not go doctors cuz I fear illness too much so I get scared in case meds made me feel worse :( so I've always avoided them but I think I could do with a little help spec for my family

I suffer health anxiety aswell and won't take tablets but I got to the point where I needed then the doctor prescribed me citlapram 10mg but I haven't even started to take them yet, I've heard they are really good tho. It put me off by the dr saying I will get worse before I get better and I read the side effects.

vic
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
I knw I'm like that I've suffered anxiety since I was 13 I'm 31 now but av managed to control it but the last 14 months I've had a very stressful time and it's all got on top of me the 14 months continuous stress crept up and boom it set me off with anxiety again and not wanting to go out even though I have to cuz I've no choice cuz I drive nd my hubby doesn't plus he's at wrk but depression has set in a little too now with the stress and the worry :(. I got prescribed anti-depressants last yr wen all the stress started I only took one nd didn't like the feel so touch wood things fell into place and I started feeling better again but it's abit worse this time and now I wish I'd of just took them then nd I wouldn't be like this now but I knw as strong as I am I need a little help so gna fne doctor tmz nd see if he will do it over the fne. It's so hard wen u read the side effects tho isn't it. My mum had depression 8 yrs ago wen my auntie passed away she had to have 3 different types before she got the right one nd she always tells me to give them a whirl she's still on them now but very low dose and she's so positive ;)

kelliesean
07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
I also was VERY reluctant to take meds.. But they are the best things ever to of happened to me as it relates to anxiety and depression.. It's like night and day..

Kayy
07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
I take Lexpro (5 mg) and no complaints at all!!