PDA

View Full Version : Hello

elena.jay
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been suffering from panic and anxiety for over 15 years. There are times in my life where I feel great and and able to do things like normal. Lately I have been feeling so overwhelmed with work, family and a fight with my best friend, so my panic attacks have come back. I can't go to work without having an attack while sitting in traffic, I feel so unappreciated at work, I wake up 10 times during the night, horrible migraines and just a feeling of being so alone and worthless.
Thanks for listening.

Lin
07-31-2013, 01:09 AM
Dear Elena Jay, I have been doing my job for 13 years but had a change of boss last November. My old boss was very supportive when I was ill with clinical depression during the menopause and made sure my job was kept for me. Since my new boss started I have had to have two knee operations and a gynae operation and when I returned to work my new boss did not welcome me with open arms and for the first time in 32 years I had a boss who said she would get me redeployed if I showed I was ill.
I have now found that not only do I have to put on a mask at work to get the job done and so no one knows I am ill still, but i am also really nervous all the time because I don't trust my new boss. So I am no
longer enjoying my job at all. It takes all my effort to go into work. My mental health team are not sure if the job is taking too much toll on my head or if it gives me ficus so helps, so at the moment I am struggling on but it is getting harder.
So I sympathise and understand completely about your troubles last work.