PDA

View Full Version : Trying to rebuild my confidence

Fenrir
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I've been struggling to move my life forward for a while now, particularly in the area of finding career employment. This experience has only fed my anxiety and fears, and played havoc with my self confidence. I've found myself comparing myself to my friends and others who's lives seem to be moving along well while mine seems to be stuck in neutral with no solution in arms reach right now. I realize comparing yourself to others is not something you should do but I have a hard time not doing it, especially when my anxiety level and depressed mood builds. Overthinking has always been a trait of mine for better or for worse. It certainly doesn't help in this situation. I want to control my anxiety better while trying to make it through this transitional period of my life. Are there ways to control situational or generalized anxiety, or ways to just sieze myself when I feel a panic attack coming on? How have people here dealt with maintaining good confidence in the face of many of life's challenges while dealing with anxiety?