PDA

View Full Version : Feeling off balance

shelley15
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
It's so scary when I walk sometimes I often feel off balance and like I'm walking more to the right hand side than in the middle and im just about to fall over. Then it instantly makes me feel sick and I start to panic that I have a serious health problem wrong with me. It happend earlier I was walking to town and was fine but as soon as I started walking home after an hour I felt really ill and off balance I was so scared I felt to cry. Does anyone else experience this or am I ill?

sazaroo
07-30-2013, 10:21 AM
When im reali anxious i feel like im walking on air, its normal hun dont worry, anxiety can effect us in so many way even wen we do the simplist things x

acetone
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Although people report dizziness as a symptom of anxiety, persistent dizziness can also be a symptom of a balance disorder. It would be wise to consult your doctor if dizziness does not resolve by itself. Balance disorders and anxiety go hand in hand.

shelley15
07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
I've been to the doctors 5 times each time saying i feel dizzy and off balance they put it down to anxiety, it got so bad a few months ago I can't even leave my house I only leave to go to CBT. In sure its to do with the way I sit because I always have my head down looking at my phone or reading a book and I lean on my right elbow alot. It's getting me down so much but I had anxiety/dizziness about a year and a half ago and I didn't let it stop me doing anything and I felt better after a few months but this time its back even worse, I've only had the off balance feeling for just over a month its usually worse when I'm really anxious or stressed, but there's that little part of me that thinks in seriously ill and the doctors aren't listening to me.

acetone
07-30-2013, 12:25 PM
For checkup, did you go to psychiatrists or GP only? These doctors do not treat balance issues. The people who treat balance issues are neurotologists and ENTs.

shelley15
07-30-2013, 12:30 PM
For checkup, did you go to psychiatrists or GP only? These doctors do not treat balance issues. The people who treat balance issues are neurotologists and ENTs.

I went to my gp, don't I have to be refured to go see a neurotologist?

acetone
07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I went to my gp, don't I have to be refured to go see a neurotologist?

Dunno about how it works in your area. I visited my neurotologist directly.

shelley15
07-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Dunno about how it works in your area. I visited my neurotologist directly.

I looked online and it says I've got to be refured by my gp, that won't ever happen! :(