PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing weird pressure in head due to lack of sleep...

RustySlug
07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
I haven't slept in 2 days and due to that the inside of my head feels so strange. It's a sort of tingling sensation except I feel as if I'm about to pass out. I've never experienced this before and I feel it's preventing me from getting any sleep. Has any one here experienced this? I hear it's some form of anxiety, probably due to stress ( which I've had a lot of due to no sleep.) I've already gone to the doctor, I don't know what to do...

smoore
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
What did the dr tell you?

kayleedel
07-29-2013, 09:38 PM
When I am having a hard time with my anxiety I get this very odd feeling in my head. It's feels like my head is going to explode! But no pain. It's a feeling that is hard to explain!

epollock
07-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I haven't slept in 2 days and due to that the inside of my head feels so strange. It's a sort of tingling sensation except I feel as if I'm about to pass out. I've never experienced this before and I feel it's preventing me from getting any sleep. Has any one here experienced this? I hear it's some form of anxiety, probably due to stress ( which I've had a lot of due to no sleep.) I've already gone to the doctor, I don't know what to do...

I get this too - - Its a feeling that you would get if your hand or foot fell asleep - - only its happening in your head. yes, it is anxiety related. When it happens to me, I take my index and middle fingers, press gently into my temples and do circles counter clockwise. Do this while your in a comfortable position - lay down or recline in a comfortable chair. Dim the lights or shut them off completely. I prefer quiet when I am doing this but some people prefer background noise. Either way, I can almost promise that you will fall right to sleep.

smoore
07-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Mine feels like tense muscles which pulls at my head. Makes me feel like I need to move my head or have a seizure one. It's annoying

rhar
07-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Mine feels like tense muscles which pulls at my head. Makes me feel like I need to move my head or have a seizure one. It's annoying

I get the same thing of feeling having to move

epollock
07-30-2013, 02:25 AM

I would still try my trick. It also works if I have a stiff neck.....its a really good relaxation technique. It feels nice, gives you something to focus on and helps you ease some tension. Give it a try - - like I said, Im pretty sure it will work for you! Good luck my friend.