PDA

View Full Version : Celebrites with anxiety

kendem26
10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I read recently that people like David Bowie, Oprah winfrey, Johnny Depp and even Isaac Newton all suffered from anxiety does anyone know whether this was anxiety or panic attacks, its unfortunate that anyone suffers from this terrible thing but its nice to know that one can still achieve a great deal in life despite having this illness, look forward to your replies.

Robbed
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Then again, you have to realize what is going on with these people. Anxiety conditions are mostly (if not entirely) caused by stress rather than an organic brain disease (despite what the big pharmaceutical companies want you to believe). And life as a celebrity can be VERY, VERY stressful. Add drug and alcohol use to the picture (which is EXTREMELY common among celebrities), and you have a VERY sure-fire recipe for emotional problems like depression and anxiety. I should also note that it is inevitable that depression and anxiety are probably FAR more common among celebs than is generall known (and known cases are VERY common). I would suspect that when the behavior of a celeb just seems to be 'off' in some way (ie Britney Spears), a depression and/or anxiety problem is probably to blame.

Mark05
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I see it this way. Celebrities are human too. They go through the stresses and emotions of life like us each day. We are all vulnerable.

kendem26
10-11-2007, 05:21 AM
I see it this way. Celebrities are human too. They go through the stresses and emotions of life like us each day. We are all vulnerable. sure and just meeting celebrities will affirm that, i'd like to know though hoe they deal with it. I read that Drew Barrymore won't take a pill, something i find a little hard to believe especially considering the nature of the attacks she described.