PDA

View Full Version : So I was dumb enough to drink again

solta
07-28-2013, 01:00 PM
I've been here for a month or so and I've been recovering quite well. But oh well, this weekend I had a pretty big setback and right now its pretty hard to focus on the good stuff. I'm absolutely certain that my problems are alcohol related and ever since I quit drinking, life got a lot better. Even knowing this I somehow convinced myself that a few drinks couldn't possibly hurt. Ridiculous I know. To make the story short, a few drinks turned into two days of binge drinking... I've had an alcohol problem for a long time so convincing myself into drinking isn't hard at all even though I know exactly what will happen later.

I had a bad panic attack an hour or so ago but thankfully it didn't last for too long which is a good sign. I'm currently quite jittery and scared and will most likely have another panic attack in a bit :/ I'm really not looking forward to the next week or so. Can't relax at all and even though I'd like to sleep, going to bed would make things worse.

Anyone else here who has had problems with alcohol? Even after so many months of sobriety I just can't seem to kick it. It was just two days of drinking so I really hope that this feeling won't last for too long.