PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please? :)

Nicbean91
07-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello, I'm Nicki and I'm 21. I'm new to this forum, and have been suffering from anxiety for around 9 months now. I'm commenting on this thread because there are lots of people involved and I want different opinions I started on propranolol initially, however couldn't tolerate it as I have low blood pressure and it just made me dizzy. I'm now on citalopram 20mg which has helped to a certain extent, however I'm looking to do something such as yoga or exercise as an extra relief... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I suffer from what I believe is OCD in the form of locking doors and turning off appliances when I'm leaving the house... It can take me a good 20 minutes once I'm ready to leave before I can actually leave because I'm checking things... Does anyone else suffer from this? Any tips? Am I going mad, checking things over and over again?

Any help would be fantastic... Sorry for the essay thanks!

Dave Tupper
07-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi Nicki,

I am also new to the board. I suffer from anxiety and mild OCD as well. Everyone I talk to says yoga has worked great for their anxiety. I want to try it in a group setting and am just waiting to save the money for the classes.

As for the OCD I wish I could help you but I think 20 minutes is not too bad and worrying about it will cause more anxiety. For me I always have to wash my hands and I get a lot of intrusive thoughts and certain things have to be done a certain way. I've just recently noticed some of my OCD habits as they drive my wife crazy. Its hard to let them go but knowing the disease and my certain quirks helps me relieve some of the stress associated with them.

ac17
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Yoga is definitely helpful! However if you aren't able to go to a yoga class, try hypnosis and meditation! After a long day of having anxiety symptoms I often go on you tube and search for meditation clips or hypnosis clips. It releases the tension and definitely helps with anxiety. You guys should try it!