PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling yourself :( help

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Does anyone sometimes feel numb and like your not even in the room and things are happening around you but you dont feel apart of, i get this quite alot and when i look in the mirror i see my self but doesnt feel like me :( hate feeling like this :(

futurebound
07-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Does anyone sometimes feel numb and like your not even in the room and things are happening around you but you dont feel apart of, i get this quite alot and when i look in the mirror i see my self but doesnt feel like me :( hate feeling like this :(

De-personalisation is a horrible thing but as u say in other threads, it's the anxiety being a horrible little creature that brings many symptoms!

Not nice though

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 07:58 AM
No not nice hate it :(

manz82
07-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Next time it happens and you don't feel like yourself or you feel confused, try this - hold something solid, like a tennis ball and state facts about yourself, your name, where you live, what you like... Same when you look in the mirror. You will be yourself again in minutes. This technique is called grounding and that's exactly what it does. X

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Next time it happens and you don't feel like yourself or you feel confused, try this - hold something solid, like a tennis ball and state facts about yourself, your name, where you live, what you like... Same when you look in the mirror. You will be yourself again in minutes. This technique is called grounding and that's exactly what it does. X

Thank you hun :) will do that xo

ADD
07-28-2013, 02:26 PM

I usually try to touch flat cold surfaces, for some reason the cooler the better :).

Lin
07-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Know what you mean - last few months not felt like me in any part of my life.
Even psychologist told me last week that he can't find me at moment to help me.
New gynae medication not helping this week but head been so low for past few months just can't find me at all and completely lost. Been acting on bad thoughts never done before.

missnz
07-29-2013, 01:57 AM
I suffered with this for about 6 months. It is horrible but I promise it goes away <3 hang in there xx

sazaroo
07-29-2013, 01:59 AM
I suffered with this for about 6 months. It is horrible but I promise it goes away <3 hang in there xx

Thank you :)