PDA

View Full Version : Lump in my throat??

sazaroo
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling like they have a lump in there throat ??? xo

kilmarnock37
07-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah I get that feeling all the time. I just sip water and it usually goes away. Its horrible.I've even had a. Camera down there. Guess what.nothing there. Just my anxiety playing with my brain

vic
07-27-2013, 04:05 PM

It's anxiety it cause use suffers alsorts of problems I get it a lot and sum times av to make horrible noises to clear it lol but it's only wen I'm anxious then it goes if I do not think about it

sazaroo
07-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys, im sick of it now ive not been sleeping for the past week as started some meds its really getting on top of me every syptom i get i feel like im gna die :( hate it :(

kilmarnock37
07-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah with you there. Its a nasty way to exsist.I to am at the stage I'm struggling to get out the house. Makes me so sad and lonely.

sazaroo
07-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah with you there. Its a nasty way to exsist.I to am at the stage I'm struggling to get out the house. Makes me so sad and lonely.

Its not a way to live, im 22 and i see all my mates having great lives and i cant even leave the house, what breaks my heart the most is my partner wants to get married, i cant leave the house so how am i gna turn up at the church, i also want children but atm im in no state of mind for children, ive tried everything, my partner works long hours hardly see him so im stuck in 4 falls :(

kilmarnock37
07-27-2013, 04:31 PM
The best of what we've done has yet to come. I keep telling my self that. In the hopes that one day I can have a semi normal life again.this place helps alot.especially when I can't sleep or am panicy n anxious.lol. sleep what's that.can't sleep yet I'm sleepy all the time.life is definitely a struggle lately.panics every day n night.

sazaroo
07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Id give anything for one normal day and yeah agree this help :)

kilmarnock37
07-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Be well.take care.one day we will get there in sure.

Rickk90
07-27-2013, 04:42 PM

I thought I was the only who felt this feeling..
I'm currently feeling it right now
It goes away for a couple of days but then comes back /:
Damn anxiety is a tough thing to crack

ADD
07-27-2013, 04:46 PM

That is one of the worst symptoms I had to deal with when my anxiety was at full blast..

kilmarnock37
07-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I've had anxiety 19 years now.I'm still trying to beat it.I hope to look back one day at what it put me through.shrug and smile.and never look back again.

Strawberry
07-27-2013, 10:14 PM

Oh yeah this was actually the first sign of my anxiety as a teenager. I used to be terrified of eating because I would constantly get a lump in my throat after I ate something. It was agonizing. I kept thinking it went down the wrong windpipe and that increased my anxiety which tensed up my muscles and made it harder for the food to go down. It became so bad that I kept going to the hospital and they always labeled it as anxiety. Then I would have a lump on in my throat for no reason. I wouldn't even go out with my friends and family because I didn't want to cause a scene where I think I was choking and wouldn't want to eat anything without having some liquid next to me.

It's much better now, I conquered it with some meds and CBT but even now I still have to have a bottle of some form of liquid next to me when I eat lol. This is all anxiety. Think about it, your body is telling you to fight or flight and "it's not the time to eat right now THERE IS A LION IN FRONT OF YOU, RUN!!" that's basically what your body is saying when you have an anxiety attack and you are eating. Lol.

manz82
07-28-2013, 02:11 AM
It's called the hysterical lump, apparently. It's just the muscles in your throat becoming strained and tight because of all the tension.
Ignore it and it will cease to be a problem.

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 02:33 AM
I thought I was the only who felt this feeling..
I'm currently feeling it right now
It goes away for a couple of days but then comes back /:
Damn anxiety is a tough thing to crack

Im so glad im not the only one its horrible :(

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 02:34 AM
That is one of the worst symptoms I had to deal with when my anxiety was at full blast..

I agree i thort i would start chocking still struggling with it now and had it two years :(

sazaroo
07-28-2013, 02:36 AM
I've had anxiety 19 years now.I'm still trying to beat it.I hope to look back one day at what it put me through.shrug and smile.and never look back again.

I hope i do the same think thats what keeps me going thinking how better i will be in the future :)