PDA

View Full Version : Headaches/Brain tumor anxiety

pluperfecthell
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I went through a period of really bad anxiety where I had a LOT of physical symptoms (racing heart, full body tremors, dizziness, sore neck, achy muscles, lightheadedness, floaters, could NOT sit still, 3-4 anxiety attacks a day, no more than 3 hours of sleep a night, lack of appetite, lack of concentration, lack of coordination, head pressure, pressure on the side of my face, numbness, tingling, shortness of breath, tight throat) for 2 months... I went to the ER once, urgent care once, my pediatrician like 10 times, bloodwork done 3 times, and to a psychiatrist. Everything normal except for anemia, but my latest bloodwork has shown that it's almost gone and I only need to take iron for a couple of more weeks. Diagnosed with GAD and depression, prescribed Zoloft, never took it, started volunteering with summer camp kids instead and it helped A LOT.

Now I'm a lot better, I'm sleeping, eating, and most of my symptoms have gone EXCEPT for the few that are bothering me and I'm scared I'm going to have an anxiety relapse.

I keep getting sharp head pains on the right side of my head.. they kind of really hurt and last from like 5 seconds to a couple of hours. The feeling of pressure in my head is mostly gone, but my left ear stilllll feels clogged. I also get face tingles on the left side sometimes too. My fingers and hands seem to be shaking a whole lot more and all of this combined has convinced me that I have a brain tumor. I was seriously crying about the thought today.

I'm only 17 and I'm scared to tell my mom that I want to see my doctor again because she doesn't get what anxiety is like and gets frustrated with me when I can't control it. I have another psychiatrist appointment in a month so maybe I can get him to tell my mom I should schedule something with my pediatrician but idk if I can wait that long.

Does anyone else get constant head pains like this or the clogged ear feeling? Hands shaking when not at rest? Because I made the mistake of googling it and people have said these were their symptoms when they had a brain tumor.

vic
07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
I went through a period of really bad anxiety where I had a LOT of physical symptoms (racing heart, full body tremors, dizziness, sore neck, achy muscles, lightheadedness, floaters, could NOT sit still, 3-4 anxiety attacks a day, no more than 3 hours of sleep a night, lack of appetite, lack of concentration, lack of coordination, head pressure, pressure on the side of my face, numbness, tingling, shortness of breath, tight throat) for 2 months... I went to the ER once, urgent care once, my pediatrician like 10 times, bloodwork done 3 times, and to a psychiatrist. Everything normal except for anemia, but my latest bloodwork has shown that it's almost gone and I only need to take iron for a couple of more weeks. Diagnosed with GAD and depression, prescribed Zoloft, never took it, started volunteering with summer camp kids instead and it helped A LOT.

Now I'm a lot better, I'm sleeping, eating, and most of my symptoms have gone EXCEPT for the few that are bothering me and I'm scared I'm going to have an anxiety relapse.

I keep getting sharp head pains on the right side of my head.. they kind of really hurt and last from like 5 seconds to a couple of hours. The feeling of pressure in my head is mostly gone, but my left ear stilllll feels clogged. I also get face tingles on the left side sometimes too. My fingers and hands seem to be shaking a whole lot more and all of this combined has convinced me that I have a brain tumor. I was seriously crying about the thought today.

I'm only 17 and I'm scared to tell my mom that I want to see my doctor again because she doesn't get what anxiety is like and gets frustrated with me when I can't control it. I have another psychiatrist appointment in a month so maybe I can get him to tell my mom I should schedule something with my pediatrician but idk if I can wait that long.

Does anyone else get constant head pains like this or the clogged ear feeling? Hands shaking when not at rest? Because I made the mistake of googling it and people have said these were their symptoms when they had a brain tumor.

Anxiety can also cause these feelings adrenaline rushes through our bodies and organs and cause these feelings. i get similar feelings but also feel as though I've got an infection in my head as it can feel as though my head stings. with anxiety the more you think the more you read symptoms then the more our mind produces symptoms and we believe we have some thing terrible and then we have it constantly in our minds and no matter how we try to forget it we don't even though we are capable of putting thoughts out of our minds as quick as we put them in.